View Single Post
Old June 26th, 2007, 02:23 PM  
I am: I am
kolte's Forum Picture
Name: Matt
Default Re: The Bible :: Gay Debate

Originally Posted by xTheLordsServantx View Post
It again saddens me to see that you are not keeping an open mind, but I'm not going to start an argument with you because I am more mature than that. I know you disagree with my views, as you always have, but I dont see a need to use vulgar language to portray your point. I understand that you see Homosexuality as something of a burden forced upon people at birth. Religion does not deny anyone equality. Its foundations are faith and equality. So I think you don't see the big picture but are confined to this "RELIGION IS EVIL" point of view that you unconsciously force onto yourself. Religion isn't the force that denies people equality, it is the people of those religions that do not have the understanding and wisdom to see the big picture. So...I'm sorry that my brothers and sisters in Christ have denied you rights due to the fact of your sexual orientation, but that is no reason to backlash again a religion that preaches kindness, understanding, and fairness.

God Bless you Kolte
I'm sorry if my vulgarity has offended you. Not that I don't mean to offend people, its one of my more favorite pastimes, seeing as how the more inflamed a person is, the more they will debate with me. But if you really don't like it, then I suppose I can make this one little exception.

And don't think you've got me pinned. I don't despise religion quite like I used to, so in that since, I have changed. I consider the following quote to be a summary of my core belief in regards to religion:

“The solution then is not to do away with religion but to do away with the social conditions which make it necessary."

I've learned that its undesirable to persecute religion in a capitalist society, both because it has lost its hold on the working class and because though an illusion, it is yet a source of comfort to the distressed.

“Persecution is the best means of promoting undesirable convictions! This much is sure: the only service that can be rendered to God today is to declare atheism a compulsory article of faith.”
- On Religion, p. 142, Fredrick Engels

""The New Law of Righteousness," that there "shall be no buying or selling, no fairs nor markets, but the whole earth shall be a common treasury for every man," and "there shall be none Lord over others, but every one shall be a Lord of himself.""
kolte is offline   Reply With Quote