View Single Post
Old June 26th, 2007, 10:52 AM  
xTheLordsServantx's Forum Picture
Default Re: The Bible :: Gay Debate

Originally Posted by kolte View Post
I havent changed a bit.

A quote from my FAVE. writer, Karl Marx:

"Religious distress is at the same time the expression of real distress. Religion i s the sign of the opressed creature the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. It is the opium of the people. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for there real happiness. The demand to give up the illusions about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions. The criticism of religion is therefore in embryo the criticism of the vale of woe, the halo of which is religion."

And a quote by R. C. Zaehner

"Religion it is true is an illusion. But a necessary one created by the mind of man to compensate for his own misery, god being simply a superman in the fantastic reality of heaven and a mirror image of man. God then is simply the idealisation of man, man as he will be once he is liberated from his slavery to an unjust society. The solution then is not to do away with religion but to do away with the social conditions which make it necessary."

To end I would just like to add, in relation to the post, that I think that I believe in mankind, to the extent that I can, and I think that one day mankind will drop the viel of religion and finally see the light illuminated on the face of the cave wall. Being homosexual is not a choice, and its foolish to even consider it. They should have every right to be and do what every other man and woman has the right to be and do. Using religious morality to deny another person equality, is fucked up, and I don't think anyone should stand for it. I say do it anyway, and make it so.
It again saddens me to see that you are not keeping an open mind, but I'm not going to start an argument with you because I am more mature than that. I know you disagree with my views, as you always have, but I dont see a need to use vulgar language to portray your point. I understand that you see Homosexuality as something of a burden forced upon people at birth. Religion does not deny anyone equality. Its foundations are faith and equality. So I think you don't see the big picture but are confined to this "RELIGION IS EVIL" point of view that you unconsciously force onto yourself. Religion isn't the force that denies people equality, it is the people of those religions that do not have the understanding and wisdom to see the big picture. So...I'm sorry that my brothers and sisters in Christ have denied you rights due to the fact of your sexual orientation, but that is no reason to backlash again a religion that preaches kindness, understanding, and fairness.

God Bless you Kolte

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6)

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths." (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Forever praise Him

Please check out this website if you have any questions:
xTheLordsServantx is offline   Reply With Quote