View Single Post
Old June 25th, 2007, 09:39 PM  
xTheLordsServantx
Member+

xTheLordsServantx's Forum Picture

Default Re: The Bible :: Gay Debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
The bible is just written so that you can mis-understand it so to speak , as I can't know for sure that my understanding is the right one..
well, while your viewpoint holds much validity, I see the Bible as written so that it can be UNDERSTOOD in several different ways. That is the awesomeness of religion: Its based on FAITH. Yes, the Bible is a book that should be used to guide our lives, but its how you interperet it and use it in your life that truly makes it the symbol of Christianity. The way I see it is if you have Faith, the Bible plays its role in every decision of your life. In my opinion, I think this is all part of God's big plan to try to get us to see things a different way and to explore faith.

About the whole gay thing...I don't think the Bible actually condemns the act of gay sexual relations, but rather the emotional bond that a true homosexual person has. Is it a sin? Yes, but that is NOTHING to be ashamed of. We are all God's creations and He loves all of us equally, no matter how much we sin or even if we dont believe in Him. He has a plan for our lives. So many Christians condemn gays as people who will surely go to Hell. But I'll tell you all something, us Christians sin just as much as anyone who is not Christian. And chances are many "Christians" go to hell. The Bible is supposed to be used as a tool to guide our lives, not an item that should be used to condemn people.

LOVE AND KINDNESS are what God's about, not hatred and condemnation!

God Bless you all

David

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6)

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths." (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Forever praise Him

Please check out this website if you have any questions: http://www.gotquestions.org/archive.html
xTheLordsServantx is offline   Reply With Quote