Old February 15th, 2012, 06:36 AM  
Genghis Khan
Banned

Name: Yazdegard
Location: Persepolis; Pārsa, Takht-e Jamshid, Pasargadae, Babylon
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youssef Karam View Post
Sorry, but the belief in nothing can be classified as a way of thinking, or an idea.
Way of thinking/idea =/= Dogma/Ideology

Quote:
Also, what is aethiests goals then?
My goal is to become a linguist. Maybe educate myself further in history, politics and psychology. I have a range of goals man. So does each individual atheist, I'm sure Tim has his dreams of doing something music-related. I don't see the point in this question.

Quote:
What is an aethiests concern in the modern world?
Again, that depends solely on the individual. Some atheists are concerned about society, some are concerned for the environment, some are concerned for the economy, some are concerned with how many bitches they slam before they die.

Even though your questions are worded terribly I'll answer with this. Since atheism is not a set belief system, it's uncommon for atheists to just have similar interests because they are atheists. It's difficult to just base a connection on a lack of belief in something. As far as morality goes, I've said this before and I could not be more clear when I said that we get it from a rational consideration of the consequences of our actions. If I do good things, it's likely that in the long-run people will be nice to me too. Whereas if I'm the town dick who goes around shovelling shit in everyone's face I can only expect to have shit shovelled in my mouth every time I'm standing, yawing in the street.

Quote:
I've met too much aethiests, and all they do is CONDEMN agnostics, christians, muslims, hindus and buddhist.
I've lived in Pakistan for 14 years of my entire life. I've had to tell everyone that I'm a Muslim just so I'm not shunned in any way. Even though I was (and I couldn't help being) more liberal in my ideals than everyone else, often what I would do, like wear a cross once in a while would get people to run up to me and ask me if I want to go to hell. To this point I still think that Muslims can be modernised and brought out of this piss Islamic society where everyone and anything that doesn't sound Islamic to somebody is wanked upon. I don't for a second believe that all Muslims behave a certain way, in fact, my best friend is a Muslim and you know what, sometimes I forget that she even is a Muslim. Or at least your quintessential Muslim that cares way too much about their religion, she is so rational it actually turns me on and makes me want to have sex with her at that very moment.

Quote:
Where i'm from, they're narrow-minded and ignorant
This begs the question, where are you from?

Quote:
and your actions further proves my point.
lol no they haven't
Genghis Khan is offline   Reply With Quote