Old June 24th, 2007, 03:09 PM  
kolte
I am: I am

kolte's Forum Picture

Name: Matt
Default Re: Bourgeois and Proletariat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jma08 View Post
In its purest form, communism yields a lack of political, economic, bureaucratic, social, cultural and intellectual competition. In essence, it’s people sitting around a campfire singing Kumbaya. Communism decrees that everyone be equal. However, the equality factor of communism prescribes that everyone be equally poor, equally impoverished and equally ignorant.
Finally I get a bite. Thank god. But though you seeming oppose communism, you don't give an alternative to it. Are you saying then that capitalism is more so “right”. From the perspective of the social conflict paradigm, I'm fried that capitalism, though very productive, places the money in the hands of the few while the majority of the population suffers in or near poverty.

If the income of the united states economy was equally distributed amongst the people each citizen would have an income of approx. 40k a year. Thats upper middle class for everyone. And no, communism does not work on the concept of competition, instead we see the free development of each is the condition for the free development of all. Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labor of others by means of such appropriations.

""The New Law of Righteousness," that there "shall be no buying or selling, no fairs nor markets, but the whole earth shall be a common treasury for every man," and "there shall be none Lord over others, but every one shall be a Lord of himself.""
kolte is offline   Reply With Quote