View Single Post
Old June 22nd, 2007, 11:39 PM  
kolte
I am: I am

kolte's Forum Picture

Name: Matt
Default Bourgeois and Proletariat

“The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles”

The opening of the Communist Manifesto is, without much opposition, the truth. Its undeniable, to say the least. A king and a peasant, lord and peasant, master and slave, oppressor and oppressed, guild master and journey man, bourgeois and proletariat. The agrarian societies oppressed the hunter and gatherers, the feudal lords, the agrarians, and the capitalists the feudal lords. With technology they latched hold, fueled by Calvinist religious values and an urgency to make money.

Today there are those who have and those who don't. Those that own land, and factories, and stock, and the money. The top 5% of the people of the united states have half the money. That leaves a small slice of the pie to be shared by 250 million plus people. These are the Bourgeois, the Capitalist, the CEO, the landlord. He that controls your life.

Jeesh, I need to save some for the debate....

What do you think about communism.

kolte

""The New Law of Righteousness," that there "shall be no buying or selling, no fairs nor markets, but the whole earth shall be a common treasury for every man," and "there shall be none Lord over others, but every one shall be a Lord of himself.""
kolte is offline   Reply With Quote