View Single Post
Old June 20th, 2007, 10:47 AM  
Kiros
Retired Administrator

Kiros's Forum Picture

Name: Ben
Talking Oh My! A New Forum?!

Looks like it. This forum's purpose will be to host important topics that everyone should be informed about. The general public will be able to view this forum and all threads within it, but only senior staff (Counselors, Global Moderators, and Administrators) will be able to post a topic. These topics are not to be discussed - they are merely informative.

Now to start things off, I'd like to say that we're planning to make a few changes around here. New forum descriptions will be coming along with a new forum order (positions). Also, rules and standards are being revised as you are reading this.

One of the most important changes is that I will be pruning/deleting about 1000 members. I know this sounds a bit extreme, and you're probably asking why. It's come to my attention that over 1000 members to date still have not confirmed their account through their email address, and the reason is that 99% (or more) of the those members used a fake email address to register. Half of those people actually got mad that they couldn't post or do anything, so they just registered a new account with an actual email address. The point is, we have around 1000 accounts here that aren't even activated and never will be. With that said, I'll be deleting those accounts that haven't registered within 30 days (just to give a month's worth of time for someone to actually activate their account), so please do not be surprised when the member total drops.

I won't spoil the other changes just yet, but keep a watch on this forum to see what comes up next! And if you have any problems with anything I mentioned here, do not post a thread in the HQ; instead, simply PM or email me and I'll respond as soon as I can.

Thank you,
//KiroS

Kiros || Ben

Happiness is not about being perfect.
It is about seeing beyond the imperfections.