View Single Post
Old June 17th, 2007, 07:24 PM  
MoveAlong
Legendary Member

Default Re: Foods to help height increase

I'm going to try to write something about nutrition for teens

The food that will probably help the most is milk. When you see those posters up in your school cafeteria that say '15% of your height is added as a teen and milk helps', they aren't lying.

See, your height is more dependent upon your bone structure, right? Well, those bones have to grow, and the mineral that helps bones grow the most is calcium. Calcium is found in milk and dairy products (cheese, yogurt, and 2% milk are all good choices for the slimmer and young). Milk is also a good choice because it contains fat (which your body needs some) and protein.

Other alternatives can be found in Minute Maid (Calcium +D). This is for people who don't like milk as much or have lactose problems (like me )
+ Those lactose intolerance pills look better now, don't they?

Other than calcium, you body needs a full day's worth of everything. Magnesium, Vitamin A, B6, B12, C, D, E...and all of these help your body live every day. This kinda encourages you to not eat crap.

My mom found an online daily needs calculator. I'm not sure if it's right for teens (because we're still growing and eat a lot), but even without that factor, here's a way to see what your daily minimums should be (click). Search the site for other interesting things, such as what you get out of a Grilled Stuffed Burrito at Taco Bell, or out of a regular drumstick etc...great site. Stay healthy.

Got milk?