Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old January 22nd, 2012, 05:03 PM  
deadpie
S̈́ea Wolf Levḯathaחי
 
deadpie's Forum Picture
 
Name: Damien Ark
Join Date: August 27, 2009
Location: IA
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 12
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiny View Post
For example, I had a very traumatic experience in the past. The Christian Community in here has helped me a lot in dealing with it.
I've gone through trauma too and it was the opposite for me. In fact, I've had people tell me I'll roast in hell for eternity for things I couldn't stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiny View Post
Priests in general in my country. Like everything in life, there are rotten carrots, however.
What country do you live in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiny View Post
First of all, I have already pointed out how you always leave the New Testament out on purpose.
LOLOLOL !!!!! IMPLYING THOSE WEREN'T ALL FROM THE NEW TESTAMENT? I did that on purpose because I KNEW YOU WOULD SAY THAT! HA.

You're funny. That was a good one!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiny View Post
So the Bible even teaches that it is God that judges not us.
Bullshit.

In righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour. Leviticus 19:15

Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment. John 7:24

But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. 1 Corinthians 2:15

For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within? But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person. 1 Corinthians 5:12-13

Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?. 1 Corinthians 6:2-3

The bible is full of contradictions. How do you people keep forgetting so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiny View Post
We Christians are supposed to believe in God not that we are God. If we play God we would be going against one of the fundamental beliefs of Christians: we would be taking the place of God. Let Him judge when it comes to this. That's what we're supposed to think.
Proven wrong above this quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiny View Post
I do hope that this is not what pushed you towards atheism. One can deny all forms of organized religion and religious people, but still be a theist - still believe in a deity.
Yeah, because I want to live in shame my entire life while being religious. That would be AWESOME! Because I would be so happy to know I'm getting it all good in the afterlife and fuck everyone else. THAT'S SWEET!

And that is a rational reason why people can move towards atheism. Especially here in America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiny View Post
Again with 'the fault' of religion crap. It's the fault of people who distorted religion not 'religion' per se.
That's kind of like saying, "Sure, people can buy and read 'Home Workshop Explosives Second Addition', oh, but i guess it's your fault if you actually kill people with that information! Ha. Good one. God tells you kill people for him many times. I think as it is a Book and it cannot breathe, it does have fault to it. The Bible is made to persuade. How can you not say that it can distort people into going batshit crazy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiny View Post
What is this? Many people survive by being aggressive and then you come and tell me they would die out? Of course they don't! Not only do they survive but they stand out more than the accepting ones..... they get in the media, they get talked about etc etc. Some of them thrive on 'notoriety' or whatever you call it in English.
What in the living fuck are you talking about? Did you even read what I said? I'm trying to say more conservative-like/stricter denominations would die out of popularity while more open minded ones would strive.

You're also a fool when you say that the aggressive will not die out. The more aggressive typically the less believers. Media makes big stories on it because it makes a good story. I thought you were the one trying to say that not every Christian is a douchebag converting-killing machine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiny View Post
Take the example of this hate group, Westboro Baptist Church. How many members have they got? 50? 40? But those 40 may stand out more than the other denominations because of their extreme actions.
BULLSHIT BULLSHIT BULL FUCKING SHIT! You are pissing on your own religion right there! There's fifty of them, millions upon millions of you. All because they have large attention doesn't mean anything. It doesn't mean majority agrees with them. It doesn't mean they set an example.

They mean nothing! Nobody takes them seriously. Like I said, they make a good story that will pay well so it's reported.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiny View Post
First of all, there is a difference between mourning and being punished. The former is called empathy and I agree with it. Plus that even Christians have funerals to mourn together like a 'family'.
You obviously don't know the different meanings and definitions of punishment and shame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiny View Post
Second of all, the story of Adam and Eve serves to show that people somwtimes choose evil over good and look what happens. Whether the story really happened or not is debatable. And unimportant because not the story is what's really fundamental, only its religious message.
Story on Adam and Eve really is a stupid story to begin with. Everything about it is ridiculous, inane, unfair, and there's no special religious message in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiny View Post
The Bible is a religious book. It may be erranous when it comes to geography, science and history. Because those do not form part of its purpose or its message.
But the inaccuracy of the Bible makes it false. That's why I'm not a Christian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiny View Post
Because the claim that Christianity = intolerance is absurd! And even that the Bible orders Christians to be intolerant is absurd!
And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know. Corinthians 8:2

That's stupid. I pointed out many times in this thread how the Christian God tells you what to hate while not saying why, only commanding. The Bible is very absurd. If you want me to make a massively long post proving why I'll do so. Let me get some coffee first.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiny View Post
And about the 'proof' part, I have a crazy belief which I don't think is so crazy that something as big as God is meant not to be proved by lower beings such as humans.
Well it's a good thing I'm not a human then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiny View Post
You seemed to think it's all bad because it's 'what God wants us to be.' You gave me that impression.
I think I see more of the bad in religion then the good because the places I've been and the people I've talked to were effected in negative ways. I do see a good though. One of my best friends is religious and without it he said he'd probably kill himself. I do see good importance in the spirituality aspect, but religion tends to only help when it's personal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiny View Post
My opinion: Documentaries are the shit, nihilism is shit. Just saying.
Don't call an entire philosophy shit without researching it.

deadpie is offline   Reply With Quote