Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2012, 07:36 PM  
deadpie
S̈́ea Wolf Levḯathaחי
 
deadpie's Forum Picture
 
Name: Damien Ark
Join Date: August 27, 2009
Location: IA
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 12
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiny View Post
Priests in my country themselves tell you to respect people of other beliefs. What's so hard to understand about that? Is it a new concept to you? Why do you need to generalize and make flat black-and-white statements that are just nonsense?
I know what I see. Where I live, the places, I've been, the people I've talked to, that's what I know of. I'm not making black and white statements. You almost sound like your making useless pointless arguments for the sake of boredom.

And you generalize all Priests in your country to respect people of "all beliefs". Well, you're black and white too then. Fucking a, still going nowhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiny View Post
The same applies to Christians. Not everyone is intolerant, they have different mindsets. Why can you accept this when it come to atheists, but not when it comes to religious people? You're talking as if we're a different species.
Well, speaking of delusions, I don't believe I'm human. I'm also kind of confused by you're question.

The reason I think more religious people are intolerant compared to atheists is quite obvious. Do I really need to answer? The Bible teaches lots of intolerance. Many people use that so called knowledge from the Bible for judgement on people. Most of us atheists have been "spat" on by the religious for what we are, which pushed us towards atheism. Be it stupid lies, our gender, orientation, color, opinions, et al.

The Bible is very intolerant.

I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan. Revelation 2:9

I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not. Jude 1:5

For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. John 2:15

Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. John 2:22

And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness. John 5:19

This is the one that typically bothers Jewish people:
For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision: Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake. Titus 1:10-11

That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Philippians 2:10-11

Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. Ephesians 5:6

But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. Corinthians 2:15

Could keep going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiny View Post
The trying-to-imitate-you-but-failing-desperately crap. What the hell, lol?

I mentioned that, because you told me about those Christians causing wars etc. I was just comparing 'like' with 'like'. You mentioned that first. Have you forgotten?
Well, I said of religions, not just Christians. That's something you mistaken. I was saying it's something that is a fault of religion; not something that only happens with Christians and these certain Christians are good examples bla bla.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiny View Post
And it makes sense that most of the people in prison are Christians since the majority of people in the world are Christians. In order for statistics to be valid we deal with percentages. The % of Christians who are in prison out of the whole Christian population.
I was trying to bring a half to the debate that [x] belief causes crime. Both reasoning, the one I brought up on Prison members and the one you brought up for Communist leaders, are useless. I wanted to give an example and explain both arguments are useless and should be buried in a hole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiny View Post
Who said they don't do that for other religions and atheism?
If they did they wouldn't fight and many denominations would die out of popularity while more accepting ones would stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiny View Post
You may think that, because in your mind, you may have the image of a stereotypical Christian
Stereotypical Christian? I look at the Christian that's painted out in The Bible; the one your God wants you to be. That's who I'm trying to make examples of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiny View Post
that is always wanting to convert people, always worrying about hell and infidels etc, etc.
That would be multiple stereotypes though. The ones that worry about hell are typically younger and not as conservative. The ones trying to convert have had it in their head from childhood typically or were overly convinced; they have no fear of Hell because they KNOW they're going to Heaven. They fear for others going to Hell though or they want others to go to Hell in some occasions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiny View Post
don't care if you worship the sun as long as you're not doing harm to others.
Worshiping the sun would probably raise the chances of skin cancer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiny View Post
Deal with it man. I of course think that Christianity is the best because hell, that's why I chose it to be my religion. Isn't it obvious and natural that you think your beliefs to be the best?
Of course. Doesn't mean you're right. I believe I'm right because I've been of different religions, denominations, had spiritual and very nihilistic moments together. I've faced truth and sucked in lies. I've lived with people of different religions too. I believe what I believe right now for the sole purpose that I've had tons of experience with different things and have tried different things out. I find that quite rational of an explanation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiny View Post
What are you even saying? What irrational and stupid mojo... Be held accountable for actions I have not committed? Punish them not some random Christian
Heh, you miss my point and that's also a hypocritical thing for you to say, considering the story of Adam and Eve and Sin. The Jewish people considered themselves a community for example; when one person suffers they all suffer, when one person mourns they all mourn, et al. It's more of a 'family'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiny View Post
Maybe I do that already. Maybe I question my beliefs. Maybe I blame myself and maybe I happen to love science as well. But I still believe in God. And like me, there are many others. What's the big deal?
I don't see why you're in this thread debating. You have a personal connection towards your religion, you say you don't want to convert anybody, then why debate here? Personal belief means personal. You're not using any proof or evidence, using any important or useful religious debates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiny View Post
I fail at seeing this in your attitude here.
All because I believe something is important doesn't mean it's good. Could be bad. Then it could be good too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiny View Post
You have already eliminated about 1.3 billion of the population of the world.
And previously you have also eliminated people with mental challenges.
I think you're missing my point. I'm trying to say people here in the US, UK, Canada, some of Japan, some parts of South America. As garbage as their lives might be there, they still have a chance to accomplish their goals.

Of course you have the nihilism of life where that 1.3 billion, well, tons more, along with mentally challenged and such, it's just almost impossible to live a good life. Life is fucking shit anyhow.

I've heard of people in the biggest hell holes of the World, somehow, some-fucking-how figuring a way out and living a good life. Met a person at my Community College who grew up in the fucking Congo for fucks sake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiny View Post
There stories are maybe not heard and talked about because it lowers poor people's self-esteem. People (including you) may hate me for saying this. It's ok. I think I'm being quite realistic.
I know that the majority of people who are depressed in live in a shit hole typically don't go anywhere. I'm there right now. What keeps me going is knowing the possibility. When I look at those documentaries of people living in a life/death situation on an hourly basis, I think about how if they can survive, I can definitely survive.

So I still go by my philosophy things can work out for most people even in the worst of situations.

deadpie is offline   Reply With Quote