Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2012, 06:43 PM  
Efflorescence
Member++
 
Efflorescence's Forum Picture
 
Name: D-
Join Date: August 26, 2011
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpie View Post
Ok, that doesn't matter at all. What does matter is the fact that your religion is against anyone who isn't Christian. That's intolerance and intolerance is immoral.
Priests in my country themselves tell you to respect people of other beliefs. What's so hard to understand about that? Is it a new concept to you? Why do you need to generalize and make flat black-and-white statements that are just nonsense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpie View Post
Where in my post did I say, "Go back to the mental hospital because you believe in God"? I don't recall ever saying that until now. Now you do what so many people love to do here on VT when debating; play victim card and act like the person debating them is raping them with a machete taped to their dick.
Where the hell did I say that you said that? Someone else said that to me lol. And you mentioned that my beliefs have caused personal issues in your life. I answered back by mentioning what someone told me in the past. I'm not trying to look like a victim, I'm stating facts like you had done earlier.

And bro I told you I was a bit annoyed when he said that, not that I didn't sleep that night because of what he said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpie View Post
I don't recall ever saying that until now.
Maybe I should go to the hospital. And I'll take a bunch of other people with me as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpie View Post
There's atheists with different theories - doesn't mean they're going to bash you and others. There's tons and tons of different mindsets of people. You can't just separate me and every other atheist.
The same applies to Christians. Not everyone is intolerant, they have different mindsets. Why can you accept this when it come to atheists, but not when it comes to religious people? You're talking as if we're a different species.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpie View Post
Oh you! That's such a fucking stupid garbage fucking debate. I hate when people do that one. "OH BUT STALIN AND HITLER WERE ATHEISTS THAT MEANS YOU'RE ALL KILLERS LOLZLZLLZOZL CHRISTIANS 1 ATHEISTS 0".
The trying-to-imitate-you-but-failing-desperately crap. What the hell, lol?

I mentioned that, because you told me about those Christians causing wars etc. I was just comparing 'like' with 'like'. You mentioned that first. Have you forgotten?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpie View Post
No, I won't respect you for your religious beliefs and I won't respect your beliefs. Because those are the same beliefs that have caused absolute madness, war, and personal things in my life.
I was just merely pointing out that all communities commit mistakes. If Christians have caused war and murder, so have other communities. It doesn't make it right on every side, on all sides. Now we can just fill a whole thread pointing at each other and accusing each other. But it'll be useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpie View Post
The majority of people in prison are Christian. Does that mean ALL Christians are "marijuana heathens" (AAHHHHH!!!!) and like to rape for fun? NO.
Exactly.

Some people who cause oppression and are intolerant are Christians. Does that mean all Christians are oppressive? No. It's the same argument.

And it makes sense that most of the people in prison are Christians since the majority of people in the world are Christians. In order for statistics to be valid we deal with percentages. The % of Christians who are in prison out of the whole Christian population.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpie View Post
You know what's stupid? The fact you say that religious people look at their denominations and own beliefs differently and in probably in more abstract ways, but why can't they do that for other religions or atheism?.
Who said they don't do that for other religions and atheism? You may think that, because in your mind, you may have the image of a stereotypical Christian that is always wanting to convert people, always worrying about hell and infidels etc, etc.

Well, I hope that it doesn't come as a shock to you, but some of us actually don't care if you worship the sun as long as you're not doing harm to others. Deal with it man. I of course think that Christianity is the best because hell, that's why I chose it to be my religion. Isn't it obvious and natural that you think your beliefs to be the best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpie View Post
Then you also have to think of the possibility that a Community should be meant to be punished as a whole. That's the thing about the Christian denominations; they're not a fucking community. Catholics deserve to mourn, feel pain together for what Priests have done and such. Along with the good things too; baptisms, communions, all your boring rituals.
What are you even saying? What irrational and stupid mojo... Be held accountable for actions I have not committed? Punish them not some random Christian who has not done anything. And then one wonders why poeple turn hostile towards one another.....it all starts from an attitude that is so unreasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpie View Post
Lemme explain something. I understand the importance of religion; doesn't mean I need to join it. There's enough believers. Now why do some Atheists think this idea? Because atheism is on the rise dramatically. Because economy is getting worse, which means life is getting shittier and when life becomes shit people begin to do either with religion (1) Question their beliefs (2) Blame themselves. Also include science and proof, along with how human health is progressing. That's us finding cures and answers, not God.
Maybe I do that already. Maybe I question my beliefs. Maybe I blame myself and maybe I happen to love science as well. But I still believe in God. And like me, there are many others. What's the big deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpie View Post
I understand the importance of religion
I fail at seeing this in your attitude here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpie View Post
Whether you have a shit life, shit childhood, shit place you live in, amazing life, amazing childhood, amazing place you live in, I think everyone can have the same opportunities. Now, I'm not talking about places where finding food and water is a problem. .
You have already eliminated about 1.3 billion of the population of the world.
And previously you have also eliminated people with mental challenges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpie View Post
You know what? Many people have lived horrible lives and accomplished their dreams. Go read "A Piece Of Cake" by Cupcake Brown. Good example in my opinion.
I will read it if I find it. And I have also watched movies based on true stories of people who have managed to make it. However, there are others who have not been able to accomplish their dreams because of their difficulties.

There stories are maybe not heard and talked about because it lowers poor people's self-esteem. People (including you) may hate me for saying this. It's ok. I think I'm being quite realistic.
Efflorescence is offline   Reply With Quote