Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2012, 04:22 PM  
deadpie
S̈́ea Wolf Levḯathaחי
 
deadpie's Forum Picture
 
Name: Damien Ark
Join Date: August 27, 2009
Location: IA
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 12
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiny View Post
And what about the New Testament? We not only have to 'not hate' our enemies but also 'love' them. Our religion revolves around the teachings of Christ that does not seem to think that God hates atheists and that his followers should hate them.
Your just blurting out opinions. God hates everyone. God loves everyone. The Bible is full of contradictions. That's what happens when you write a long book and forget other things you've written before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiny View Post
Plus that atheists are not my enemies. They've done me no wrong and even if they had, not all atheists are the same.
Ok, that doesn't matter at all. What does matter is the fact that your religion is against anyone who isn't Christian. That's intolerance and intolerance is immoral.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiny View Post
Calling my post retarded is one thing (like you have done now), but calling me retarded (without it being a joke) is another thing.
'Delusional' doesn't annoy me much but someone telling me to go back to the mental hospital I've escaped from, just because I'm a theist, is a bit annoying.
Where in my post did I say, "Go back to the mental hospital because you believe in God"? I don't recall ever saying that until now. Now you do what so many people love to do here on VT when debating; play victim card and act like the person debating them is raping them with a machete taped to their dick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiny View Post
Now, if all atheists had your theory, that would have been a different story, But some of them don't see it that way and so, they bash.
There's atheists with different theories - doesn't mean they're going to bash you and others. There's tons and tons of different mindsets of people. You can't just separate me and every other atheist.

You also have to take in context of Christian atheists and such like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiny View Post
Everyone makes mistakes. Have you ever heard of atheist communist regimes who have killed and massacred millions of believers? Now, do I come to you and tell you that I don't respect your beliefs because of all the shit these regimes have caused? No, because that's nonsense.
Oh you! That's such a fucking stupid garbage fucking debate. I hate when people do that one. "OH BUT STALIN AND HITLER WERE ATHEISTS THAT MEANS YOU'RE ALL KILLERS LOLZLZLLZOZL CHRISTIANS 1 ATHEISTS 0"

The majority of people in prison are Christian. Does that mean ALL Christians are "marijuana heathens" (AAHHHHH!!!!) and like to rape for fun? NO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiny View Post
You're an atheist like them but what do these have to do with you? From what I gather, you're not like them. Maybe you look at atheism in a different way. The same reasoning applies to religion and religious people.
You know what's stupid? The fact you say that religious people look at their denominations and own beliefs differently and in probably in more abstract ways, but why can't they do that for other religions or atheism?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiny View Post
And even that is not fair. Whilst I condemn the actions of these priests who should never have been priests in the first place, I do not point my finger at priests as if all of them are paedophiles that fuck children. It's too extreme. And sometimes, yes, Catholicism and the Catholic community as a whole are attacked.
Then you also have to think of the possibility that a Community should be meant to be punished as a whole. That's the thing about the Christian denominations; they're not a fucking community. Catholics deserve to mourn, feel pain together for what Priests have done and such. Along with the good things too; baptisms, communions, all your boring rituals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiny View Post
Many atheists think that one day religious people will realize that religion is false and become atheists. And similarly, many religious people think that one day, atheists will realize that religion is important and good and they will become theists.
Lemme explain something. I understand the importance of religion; doesn't mean I need to join it. There's enough believers. Now why do some Atheists think this idea? Because atheism is on the rise dramatically. Because economy is getting worse, which means life is getting shittier and when life becomes shit people begin to do either with religion (1) Question their beliefs (2) Blame themselves. Also include science and proof, along with how human health is progressing. That's us finding cures and answers, not God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiny View Post
No, not all human beings who are not mentally challenged are born the same. There are people who have a genetic predisposition for certain personality and phyical traits and not for others, there are people who are born to rich parents and an ideal family and others not etc. Those born in oppressive societies are not in the same situation as those in more free countries.
Whether you have a shit life, shit childhood, shit place you live in, amazing life, amazing childhood, amazing place you live in, I think everyone can have the same opportunities. Now, I'm not talking about places where finding food and water is a problem. Also, genetics is funny too. Blind or deaf, missing a leg or arm, you have leukemia or testicular cancer; there's still some way for someone to reach happiness and/or do things other people can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiny View Post
And not everyone can have the same opportunities. It depends on one's characteristics, luck, upbringing, even past, and unfortunately, on what your parents have done before you. So while we can all do our best, there are some things that we can never be. I've experienced this myself.
You know what? Many people have lived horrible lives and accomplished their dreams. Go read "A Piece Of Cake" by Cupcake Brown. Good example in my opinion.

deadpie is offline   Reply With Quote