Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2012, 08:44 AM  
Efflorescence's Forum Picture
Name: D-
Default Re: Religion

Originally Posted by deadpie View Post
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good. Psalm 14:1

Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Romans 1:21

For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? Peter 4:17-18

But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. Thessalonians 4:14

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. Hebrews 3:12

Then you have to think about how God pretty much killed people of different religions and of Christianity too. Of course God hates atheists.

And what about the New Testament? We not only have to 'not hate' our enemies but also 'love' them. Our religion revolves around the teachings of Christ that does not seem to think that God hates atheists and that his followers should hate them.

Plus that atheists are not my enemies. They've done me no wrong and even if they had, not all atheists are the same.

Saying that is what I call retarded. Yes, religious people are delusional, but my theory which is not a backed up one an sucks, is that all people believe in things that are complete and utter bullshit. We all have lied to ourselves on several occasions. That's why I don't like I used to bash Christians as stupid and retarded, unless they say something overly overly dumb.

I'm delusional too, even though I'm an atheist. I'm probably just as crazy as you guys, but I'm aware of it all. Now religious people could suck a lie even if God told them to eat a feces sandwich (which he does).

Calling my post retarded is one thing (like you have done now), but calling me retarded (without it being a joke) is another thing.
'Delusional' doesn't annoy me much but someone telling me to go back to the mental hospital I've escaped from, just because I'm a theist, is a bit annoying.

Now, if all atheists had your theory, that would have been a different story, But some of them don't see it that way and so, they bash.

No, I won't respect you for your religious beliefs and I won't respect your beliefs. Why? Because those are the same beliefs that have caused absolute madness, war, and personal things in my life.
And this is the 'pet peeve of mine'. Why? Because the people who have caused all this shit, have used religion to fuel their obsessions.

You are assuming that my beliefs are the same as theirs. Perhaps we Catholics all write 'Catholic' on our fb page etc., but behind that word, there are millions of different ways of looking at religion, millions of different ways of practising it, millions of different ways of treating those who do not agree with us.

Everyone makes mistakes. Have you ever heard of atheist communist regimes who have killed and massacred millions of believers? Now, do I come to you and tell you that I don't respect your beliefs because of all the shit these regimes have caused? No, because that's nonsense.

You're an atheist like them but what do these have to do with you? From what I gather, you're not like them. Maybe you look at atheism in a different way. The same reasoning applies to religion and religious people.

Lol I never see that happening to Catholics. The Priests get pointed at, not the people. What are you talking about? It's not the typical church-goers who are fucking the children (Maybe at home), it's some of the Priests.

And even that is not fair. Whilst I condemn the actions of these priests who should never have been priests in the first place, I do not point my finger at priests as if all of them are paedophiles that fuck children. It's too extreme. And sometimes, yes, Catholicism and the Catholic community as a whole are attacked.

Pet peeve of mine is when one person speaks for every person. You're speaking for all atheists there.

Ok sorry. Some atheists.

There's some whom believe it and I don't. My opinion is I could see a gigantic majority in a long time becoming atheists, of course there would still be believers, no matter how small the numbers. Some Atheists believe that people are really smart and CAN realize bullshit and eventually will or haven't been convinced yet.
And some religious people think that:

people are really smart and CAN realize bullshit and eventually will or haven't been convinced yet.
Many atheists think that one day religious people will realize that religion is false and become atheists.
And similarly, many religious people think that one day, atheists will realize that religion is important and good and they will become theists.
Don't you notice the similarities despite the many differences in the way they think?

All = everyone, don't use that word!

I was being sarcastic there......

Every fucking human being is bad and oppressive. They're also good and open minded. I do believe every human being has the ability to become a president, movie star, big ass musician, then of course a serial rapist, mass murderer, corrupt politician. Something tells me with the certain type and force of motivation, emotions can be caused to put someone in a certain direction towards where they choose to go; whether the Christian seeing the Truth about the Bible and becoming an atheist, a scared gay atheist fourteen year old converting back because he doesn't want to burn for eternity, a wife finds out her husband cheats on him and she (as good as person she might of been) snaps and kills, et al. Every human that's not mentally challenged when born is born the same and can have the same opportunities and emotions, even if they're past is as smelly as the shit dried sun may be.
I agree with most of this, except for the highlighted parts.

No, not all human beings who are not mentally challenged are born the same. There are people who have a genetic predisposition for certain personality and phyical traits and not for others, there are people who are born to rich parents and an ideal family and others not etc. Those born in oppressive societies are not in the same situation as those in more free countries.

And not everyone can have the same opportunities. It depends on one's characteristics, luck, upbringing, even past, and unfortunately, on what your parents have done before you. So while we can all do our best, there are some things that we can never be. I've experienced this myself.
Efflorescence is offline   Reply With Quote