View Single Post
Old June 6th, 2007, 06:39 AM  
Sapphire
Tears & Smiles

Sapphire's Forum Picture

Default Re: I just started

Quote:
Originally Posted by serial-thrilla View Post
what? some bullshit government propoganda site? nah i still dont believe it. you see, I believe that marijuana is illegal because the government is totally unable to control it and make a good profit from it. Thats the only possible reason why a much more harmful substance like alcohol remains legal while good innocent people are being sent to jail for carrying small amount of it.
I disagree, if they legalised it then they could set up government controlled channels for the supply of pure weed and therefore still get a cut of some profits. But, there are health risks involved that justify the prohibition of marijuana. It's your perogative to deny the presence of these risks or whatever.

It is my opinion, however, that you are just trying to justify your drug abuse to yourself by saying "its just a conspiracy" and "alcohol is far worse". Its as if you are saying "alcohol has destroyed more lives that I am aware of so marijuana is fine and has no down side to it". It is not a good attitude to have and that attitude can be extended to and displayed in other areas such as bullying - "I don't bully him as much as everyone else so its ok"

~ The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step ~

* Nothing in the world has ever been accomplished without passion *