View Single Post
Old June 5th, 2007, 04:55 PM  
Default Re: People who are different for the sake of being different

Originally Posted by mynameisjane View Post
yes, you do conform. you dress like the goth/punk/ravers. are you saying that youve never seen another goth/punk/raver before? are you saying that there is nobody else on earth that dresses like you?
Conforming is dressing TO LOOK Goth. I happen to look goth because I like the fashion. I don't try to look Goth, I just prefer black over other colours, chains over none. It's all personal preference. I sure as hell don't do it to fit in, I hang out with the preps of my school The goths of my school fit the stereotype you're describing.

and you find pajama's uncomfortable? perhaps this is going off topic but what do you wear to sleep?

i dont get why people would dress to represent a crowd if they dont want to be judged by the stereotypes of that crowd.
Again, your assuming I dress to REPRESENT a crowd.

i dont believe you dont judge people. its human nature to judge people off stereotypes. if you were stuck in a room with a gangsta and a punk, who would you talk to first?
I'd actually say hey to both, and just judge which seemed nicer / more eager to speak.

What's with all these stereotypes? What ever happened to people being people? Sorry, I've just outgrown stereotypes. They're pointless. Chains are comfy to me, if I wear track pants, I feel uncomfortable. It all comes down to personal preference.

Who's the more intelligent person, the one who dresses the way they do because THEY like it, and THEY find it comfy.
Or the person who dresses specifically so people won't look at them, or think they're weird.

C'mon, have some fun in life, what's fun AT ALL in blending in with a crowd?

I've literally had four people above the age of 60 compliment me on my mohawk and asking how I keep it up. They found me easily approachable. They didn't see a goth, they saw a person. Grow up a little in your perception of people. It'll change your attitudes toward those who're different ;D
Octo22 is offline   Reply With Quote