View Single Post
Old June 4th, 2007, 08:15 PM  
Octo22
Member++

Default Re: People who are different for the sake of being different

Good counterpoints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameisjane View Post
youre conforming to the gothic crowd, arent you? if you didnt care what people think about how you dress, why dont you just wear pajama's all the time? i'd assume they'd be much more comfy than chains and what not. and if you really didnt want to conform, youd dress differently from everybody else, including the goth crowd.

I don't conform to the gothic crowd one bit, I've used them as my biggest example because they seem to be the most under-attack. I'm a mash-up of Gothic, Punk and Raver. I don't like stereotyping people into groups, I'm in many.
I don't care what people think of my clothes, I find pajama's uncomfortable, I wear chains because I AS IN MYSELF, like the style and added weight to my legs. I do dress differently from everyone else.

Quote:
but you must care about what people think about you if you would go throught the trouble of maintaining a mowhawk.
Umm, since when is a mohawk maintenance? lol. My mohawk again is FOR ME. It represents my views and ideology's shared with the punk crowd. I put it up WHEN I FEEL LIKE IT. Not when I'm trying to impress or go out. Hell, I've gelled it for a day of sitting home on the computer

Quote:
i dont find it boring to conform because theres a lot of styles out there to chose from that i can express myself through without letting myself be judged by. no one can assume anything about me by how i dress except that i kinda care about how i dress, yet down to earth person who doesnt want to draw much attention to herself.
So you're assuming because you dress like a rocker you're immune to being juddged? Hell, you're judged if you wear the wrong BRAND LABEL by mainstream dumbasses.

Quote:
and you judge people based on how they dress, don't you?
Actually no, I judge people by their actions from the moment I meet them. I don't judge by past or style. I just take in the person as a whole, and see just how genuine they are in their personality.
Octo22 is offline   Reply With Quote