View Single Post
Old June 4th, 2007, 06:23 PM  
Octo22
Member++

Default Re: People who are different for the sake of being different

Here's the difference between you and their mentality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameisjane View Post
and by the sandards of the rest of modern society.
Conformity's just another word for giving up
Where's the fun in conforming? Letting people and society tell you what you should and shouldn't wear.

Quote:
my question is why do they dress so extremely everyday if most of modern society would give them strange looks?
Because they see through mainstream bullshit? They don't care what modern society thinks of them. I used to have a job at a Dollarama where the owner told me to wear my mohawk up when I worked, because he liked to express diversity in his store.

Quote:
but people would give me strange looks and that would make me unhappy, so i won't. and i wouldnt blame the people who were pointing me out as someone who is wearing something odd. i would rather be accepted by most of modern society than mostly just the star wars crowd.
I dress gothic, I'm accepted by people. Maybe not strangers glaring and judging, although who cares for them anyway. And I don't blame these people for judging me, in fact I welcome it. Because if someone is so quick to judge based on look alone, I'm not sure I WANT to know that person.
Octo22 is offline   Reply With Quote