View Single Post
Old June 4th, 2007, 12:03 PM  
Dolphus Raymond
Great Poster

Default Re: foreskin restoring

Foreskin restoration is the process of regenerating tissue (not just stretching skin) to recreate the structure of the foreskin in circumcised males. It does not restore the specialized nerves, but it does have the appearance and movement of a foreskin.

There are two types. The first is surgical. The only "pro" is that it is much faster. "Con"s include ineffectiveness and cost. I would not recommend it.

The more popular, and more realistic, is non-surgical restoration. Although not heavily studied, when done properly, it is safe and painless. I've never heard horror stories from the guys I've known to do it. Here's a FAQ that should address some of your questions on it:

http://www.cirp.org/pages/restore.html

As the page indicates, this is a long process that requires dedication. Although I've never heard complaints about the results, the only way I recommend it is if it bothers you enough that you're willing to take this much time to do the procedure.

I'm not going to bother to try to tell you that you should just try to feel good about being circumcised, since you obviously don't. But I do think you should try to feel comfortable in your body. You'll never be able to have a true foreskin, but at least you'll have the ability to give your sons the choice.

dolphus.

"I don't believe in magic. But I do believe in interpreting coincidence exactly the way you want to." -Sherman Alexie