View Single Post
Old June 2nd, 2007, 11:16 AM  
Sapphire
Tears & Smiles

Sapphire's Forum Picture

Default Re: people who are different for the sake of being different

I was talking about people in general.
Adolescence, however, is different. It is a time of great turmoil. People are trying to discover themselves. Its the vague period of time between childhood and adulthood. Between being the child your parents influenced greatly and being your own adult. Some people act out and rebel because of the inner turmoil. Others conform. So what?
I don't see the issue. We are all just trying to find our way through life. We all want friends and to be accepted, even if we say "I dont care that I haven't got any friends, they are all stupid anyway". Why get so irate about how other people are doing it? And why pick out just emos and goths? They are not alike and I can think of plenty of other examples.

I guess you can say that I have an "inner goth". I find the gothic literature and views and fashions intriguing. I am drawn towards this but not engulfed by it and believe me when I say this, it is not all about death and pain. It is also about love and happiness. Just people like you jump to conclusions and claim that being goth is all about being obsessed with death and vampires just because the fashions revolve around black black and more black. Why not try and learn from these people? They have such a profound insight, why not just listen without making rash judgements?

DestroyTheFuture you seem to have issues with those who are different from you. Is that not even slightly hypocritical? I mean you said
Quote:
i hate that girl now too because of her appearance, and her views, which are basically the opposite on everything in comparison to myself
this is a very blinkered and shallow stance to take.

~ The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step ~

* Nothing in the world has ever been accomplished without passion *
Sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote