Thread: My $0.02
View Single Post
Old April 15th, 2005, 02:20 AM  
Shaolin
Awesome Poster

"Alcohol can play a major part in many people's social lives. That's why it's easy to forget that it's actually a very powerful drug. Technically speaking, it's a depressant which means it slows down your body's responses in all kinds of ways. Just enough can make you feel great, too much and it's all over."

Do you find anything particularily wrong with the "Just enough can make you feel great" part of that statement? Or...

What about -

"Alcohol is a relaxant so in moderation it can reduce feelings of anxiety, reduce inhibitions and make you feel more sociable.
It takes your body an hour to process one unit of alcohol. So it doesn't take a genius to work out that if you're downing them like there's no tomorrow, your body won't be able to cope. And you'll end up plastered."

What makes you think these statements will encourage someone to drink alcohol?

If your going to make a statement, or critisize me, atleast explain yourself fully. Why is telling people both the positives and negatives of using drugs - as in giving poeple all the information....rather than giving them HALF the information...

Would you rather they find out in hospital?

If anyone wants immediate advice don\'t hestitate to contact to me on AIM (AOL instant messenger) - aim: vodkasmodka

Eccentric! Not egocentric!
Shaolin is offline   Reply With Quote