View Single Post
Old May 23rd, 2007, 07:50 PM  
Dolphus Raymond
Great Poster

Default Re: circumcision on 3 brothers this fri.... HELP!!!

Well, it's up to you. It is your right to choose for your own body. Personally, even if I thought it looked better (I don't care either way), I wouldn't risk it. I'd at least wait until I try to retract the foreskin. There are studies that show it significantly reduces pleasure; you might want to keep that in mind, although you'll still obviously enjoy it. I'm not sure if I buy those studies fully, but the doctors I've spoken to agree. If you don't have to do it as a teen, avoid it.

I've spoken with people who got cut as teenagers. Most of them say the same thing: it's not all that different, masturbation is a bit harder, you don't totally enjoy the strokes as much but orgasm is just as strong, and that it's fine either way. Most also say they wouldn't have done it if they didn't have a medical issue.

Of the maybe 9 people I know who had it done, I'd say 5 are satisfied, 3 are dissatisfied (including one who hates it) and 1 is indifferent. That basically matches statistics I've seen on voluntary circumcisions pretty well.

Again, though, it's up to you. It's your body.

dolphus.

"I don't believe in magic. But I do believe in interpreting coincidence exactly the way you want to." -Sherman Alexie

Last edited by Dolphus Raymond; May 23rd, 2007 at 08:05 PM.