Thread: MySpace
View Single Post
Old April 24th, 2007, 10:28 PM  
DestroyTheFuture
Member++
 
Join Date: January 27, 2007
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Default Re: MySpace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubliminalTim View Post
UMMM. EXCUSE ME.
you're excused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubliminalTim View Post
Before I present my counter-argument, let me refresh everyone on the rules of a debate.

"One does not need to prove himself right, he must simply prove the other wrong, therefor making him right."
Wrong. just because another person is wrong, doesn't make you right, even if you have a counteracting position. maybe you were just joking when you said that, so ill leave it alone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubliminalTim View Post
MySpace is not responsible, you say? Well, if you think about it, what would the situation be like had the child never visited MySpace; hell, if MySpace was never created?
yeah, i guess you have a point...if you were never created, then i wouldn't have to completely embarrass you in front of all of these people, and i wouldn't have to make you look like an idiot to yourself as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubliminalTim View Post
What about the security of the site anyways? Theres hardly a security system, the website doesn't have a way to verify the age of its users other than "select age" really. I haven't been there in ages, but like many social networking sites, if the minimum age on the drop-down menu is 17, people younger than that dont think "Hmm maybe I shouldn't, I'm not 17", they just think, "Ok, then, I'm 17."
this was my favorite thing that you said.

THE FUCKING CHILDREN RISKED THEIR OWN SAFETY BY PRETENDING TO BE 17. THEY INTENTIONALLY REGISTERED AS A 17 YEAR OLD, BECAUSE THAT WAS THE LOWEST AGE TO REGISTER AT!

the kid obviously knew that they weren't 17, and whether or not they knew that it would affect their safety, they still did it and they are responsible. they were not meant to be on the site, because they were younger than 17, but they took the risk on a conscious decision, and bad things happened as the result.

i shouldn't even have to say anything else, because i just defeated your argument..but, i will just to show everyone else how foolish that i think your opinion is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubliminalTim View Post
Oh, and are we not all familiar of the Friend Factor in myspace, as I call it? Pretty much, you're supposed to get as many friends as you can, despite how weak, frail, or hell, even nonexistent your relationship to these people is. Friends? What friends? They're damned picture thumbnails; another body part shown each week! (Or, 'myspace poses') Because of this factor, people are desensitized to weak relationships, and any predator who makes use of this Myspace Friend Factor can easily convince the person that they are a 'friend' or even 'best friend'.
i slightly agree with that. i myself am a MySpace user, and i can tell yo, that i have over 2000 friends (for the record, i dont accept people, they request me and i accept because i give them a chance) and i will admit that i do not know all of these people. the point is, is that they may turn out to be interesting, and so i give them a chance. if they turn out to be creepy, then i delete them.

yes, MySpace does have a delete friend option, i think you forgot to mention that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubliminalTim View Post
Anyone else wanna go?
yeah, i went bitch. i bought it, brought it home, set it on the table, and opened it bitch.

lol South Park^^

We can always live the world backwards
Venture onward and DESTROY THE FUTURE
We can always fight the new ideas
Put you hood on, we'll go back in time
DestroyTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote