View Single Post
Old September 11th, 2011, 11:00 AM  
embers
Banned

Name: Hoshino
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by confusion View Post
Here we are not talking about Muhammed. We're talking about God. And for your info, Krishna is the Supreme Being of the Hindus: their God. And yes the Mayans do believe in bush spirits and goblins, yes.
My bad about the bush spirits etc, however just because you don't want to believe things like those exist/existed doesn't mean they didn't and you're right and they're wrong because it seems 'primitive'. Also, you completely missed my point about Muhammed - Christians deny Muhammed as being a 'prophet', and they also deny the existence of more than one deity (as happens in Hinduism). If you're taking personal accounts of interactions with a God advocating Christianity, you're going to have to take personal accounts of people having interactions with Zeus, Shiva, Muhammed (who in the apparition advocates that Islam is true etc), and fucking Mayan bush spirits. You can't just ignore them because they contradict your faith.

That is essentially why you don't take personal eyewitness accounts as evidence. Because for every one that confirms your faith, there are many that contradict it.

Quote:
Personal accounts don't count....says you...it's not that I have blind faith and believe freakin everything like you're trying to imply...but for me PERSONAL accounts count as I consider myself to have a PERSONAL relationship with God.
As above. Taking personal accounts as evidence of anything essentially means you should be susceptible to believing anything - alien abductions, Zeus, trolls, and yes, Mayan bush gods.

Quote:
And by the way with love, trust and faith I forgot to add forgiveness. Try explaining that one for me. It's the most unnatural/illogical thing in the world but it's done, dear and it exists. It's not a feeling but a choice like trust.
Nope, it can be logical. You can assume that somebody's thought process goes along the lines of: holding a grudge against somebody for something they did for your lifetime is a strain on your lifestyle. It negatively affects the way you think and how you feel towards other people. To let the emotion go is to acknowledge that holding a grudge is irrational and will only negatively affect you.

Quote:
But there must have been a '0' start. And what was before that?
Where were you before you were born? It's hard to comprehend the concept of 'nothing' (or almost nothing) because it's not something the human mind is able to observe. However, the scientific evidence points to there being a singularity - things before that are currently impossible to predict and irrelevant regardless.

Quote:
And there's been no ground covered in proving he doesn't exist except from your 'NON-testimony' that doesn't mean 'jack squat' to me. No offence.
Burden of proof lies on people who make the claim that God exists to prove that he does. We don't need to prove that God doesn't exist like we don't need to prove that Mayan bush spirits, Zeus, Krishna and a floating invisible horse orbiting our atmosphere don't.

Quote:
If you want to believe that there are 'gods' acting like 3-year olds or making half immortal babies or jealous of humanity, it's up to you.
As it is up to you to believe that there was once a God who murdered children, committed genocide as well as acted completely irrationally before sending an incarnation of himself down to contradict the previous laws he set down to save people from sin he originally condemned them to, then go ahead. That is how I see it, and that is why I reject religion - contradictions, things that don't add up, and a lack of proof.

Faith is illogical - now I don't care whether you have it or not, but if somebody tries to push it on me, I will tell them everything that is wrong with them. Not saying you are, but just stating my view.
embers is offline   Reply With Quote