Old September 9th, 2011, 02:40 PM  
Genghis Khan
Banned

Name: Yazdegard
Location: Persepolis; Pārsa, Takht-e Jamshid, Pasargadae, Babylon
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by confusion View Post
Perhaps it is you that didn't get my sarcasm. I posted the bit about science to show that the same as it is absurd for me to say that one cannot choose what bits of science to believe, so it is absurd to say that one cannot choose what bits of the Bible to believe.
Being doubtful of an un-credit-worthy theory someone came up with does not mean going against science.

Quote:
I have never told you that you're interpreting it wrong. I just told you that I interpret it differently. The bible is above all a work of art.......different interpretations exist.
Then there's no way to tell which interpretation is true, so taking its literal form into questioning is in fact, the proper way to criticize the Christian religion, which is what we're doing. Having done so, you'll also find that it'll always come to the conclusion that the Bible doesn't have much truth.

Quote:
God doesn't force you to do anything.
No, he just threatens you with eternal damnation. I was hoping me and him could come to some sort of understanding but, eternal damnation.. yeah that's cool too.

Quote:
Have sex with whom you want and believe what you want. I don't think that he has ever sent you locusts or turned the water in you well red just because you chose to not believe in Him.
1. He hasn't because he doesn't exist.
2. According to the Bible he did before, for some reason he's given up torturing us now.
Genghis Khan is offline   Reply With Quote