Old September 9th, 2011, 01:12 PM  
Efflorescence
Member++

Efflorescence's Forum Picture

Name: D-
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by embers View Post
What's your view on polytheism then? I mean polytheism in more ancient religions.

Polytheism is the belief in more than one God. I'm talking about different interpretations of one God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by embers View Post
I already knew about what Stephen Hawking says about the Big Bang. It's absurd to say that all questions before the Big Bang are meaningless as something must have caused it. I term that something 'The Creator'

Quote:
Originally Posted by genghiskhan View Post
Oh my God, do you ever get sarcasm on the internet?
Perhaps it is you that didn't get my sarcasm. I posted the bit about science to show that the same as it is absurd for me to say that one cannot choose what bits of science to believe, so it is absurd to say that one cannot choose what bits of the Bible to believe.

Quote:
I've decided it's false because of what I've read, I don't interpret any of it as anything because I don't know what I'm supposed to interpret. I'm taking it in its literal form, but you're coming up and telling us we're not interpreting it right. Well, you can start by telling us what we're doing wrong, and how we can interpret it to get its correct meaning, but apparently you're not prepared for that either, so really... your points just put us on a road to nowhere.
I have never told you that you're interpreting it wrong. I just told you that I interpret it differently. The bible is above all a work of art.......different interpretations exist.

Quote:
How do you know? He's pretty specific about the clothes we wear, the food we eat, who we have sex with, how much we pray to him, what we believe. How come he's so liberal about how people worship him?
God doesn't force you to do anything. Have sex with whom you want and believe what you want. I don't think that he has ever sent you locusts or turned the water in you well red just because you chose to not believe in Him.

Quote:
And I, meant to say what you're saying is total bollocks
What you think about my arguments is your opinion. It makes no difference to me.
Efflorescence is offline   Reply With Quote