Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old September 9th, 2011, 11:44 AM  
Genghis Khan
Banned
 
Name: Yazdegard
Join Date: April 19, 2011
Location: Persepolis; Pārsa, Takht-e Jamshid, Pasargadae, Babylon
Gender: Undisclosed
Blog Entries: 6
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by confusion View Post
Since most atheists tell me that if you can't believe all there is in the Bible, then you don't believe in the Bible, then the bible must be rubbish and God must not exist, I figured I could say that if you don't believe in some part of science, then that must mean you don't believe in science. Do you see now?
Oh my God, do you ever get sarcasm on the internet? YOU said, and I quote yet again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by confusion View Post
So basically, you do not even trust in science as when scientists tell you something, you say 'Heisenberg is not the collective mouthpiece.....' and 'she is not the collective mouthpiece......' and 'he is not the collective mouthpiece.......' so basically you can trust in no scientist at all........
And I, meant to say what you're saying is total bollocks and basically simplified it to this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by genghiskhan View Post
>He doesn't trust one scientist's theory
>Therefore he doesn't trust any kind of science
And there you are now contradicting what you previously said and acting as if you never said it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by confusion View Post
I won't tell you Jack Squat. Create your own personal, interpretation of God and your own personal interpretation of the Bible.
So the Bible cannot be proven true, it's just how people interpret it then. Cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by confusion View Post
And anyway, you have already chosen to interpret it as being false
I've decided it's false because of what I've read, I don't interpret any of it as anything because I don't know what I'm supposed to interpret. I'm taking it in its literal form, but you're coming up and telling us we're not interpreting it right. Well, you can start by telling us what we're doing wrong, and how we can interpret it to get its correct meaning, but apparently you're not prepared for that either, so really... your points just put us on a road to nowhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by confusion View Post
and you have already decided to take nothing literally. I respect your interpretation but I don't agree with it.
Please read my posts before replying to them in the near future, I've already said that I along with the other Atheists and Agnostics on this page criticize the Bible in its purest form, until an apologetic comes up and goes 'interpretation hurr durr'.


Quote:
Originally Posted by confusion View Post
I don't think God cares in what ways He is worshipped and whether you decide to call Him 'God' or 'Allah'.
How do you know? He's pretty specific about the clothes we wear, the food we eat, who we have sex with, how much we pray to him, what we believe. How come he's so liberal about how people worship him?
Genghis Khan is offline   Reply With Quote