Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old September 8th, 2011, 02:11 PM  
Efflorescence
Member++
 
Efflorescence's Forum Picture
 
Name: D-
Join Date: August 26, 2011
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
Considering this is a debate, I certainly do, and regardless, I just did.
Ok then, I accept your opinion. Sorry, I tend to be a bit hot-headed....many Maltese people are. But if that's what you think about me, then be it. I've faced worse.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
And you're more than welcomed to believe that, just as I am more than welcomed to point out that subjective interpretations do not produce objective absolutes.
I believe that not all things in this world are 'absolutes'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
You aren't.
That was a rhetorical question but you answered it, ok then. Who knows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
Then take it up with a moderator. Nobody in this thread cares.
When I think something about someone: 'x', I do not go and confide in 'y'....I tell 'x' first. And if no one cares, then you weren't offended (sigh of relief) because you don't care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
If you don't like being told your arguments are stupid and invalid, then stop making stupid, invalid arguments.
I would like to point out that just because my arguments are not similar to yours, that doesn't necessarily mean that they are invalid and stupid.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
I answer every question with the reasonable certainty that I am correct because it would be silly of me to hold views that I didn't feel were correct. I'm sorry that you are so easily offended by people not taking up pseudo-intellectual wishy-washy positions that imply everyone is actually right and no one is actually wrong and everything cannot be judged and that we're all equally valid and invalid in anything and everything.
Yes, you have summarised my ideas almost perfectly. Except for the 'pseudo-intellectual wishy-washy' part but yes, I believe that in certain matters...mind you not in ALL, there's no such thing as 'wrong' and 'right', 'valid' and 'invalid' but only 'interpretation 1' and 'interpretation 2'. Like art, when one reads a poem, one can give it different interpretations. Who's to say who's correct and who's not in that? There are some things that you cannot know (by 'you' I mean 'people in general'). Even science itself tells you that there are some things which you can never possibly know for certain. SCIENCE ITSELF.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
By your tone, I can tell it's not my boat that's been rocked. If you want to be taken seriously in a debate, don't get personal. Go ponder that for a while.
I'm sorry if I got personal. I didn't mean to. It was not directed at 'you' in particular. I just wanted to point out that no human is infallible so basically, I wanted to say that your argument makes no sense because everyone is 'not infallible'.
Efflorescence is offline   Reply With Quote