Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old September 8th, 2011, 12:10 PM  
Efflorescence's Forum Picture
Name: D-

Originally Posted by Sage View Post
The dictionary is neither set in stone nor infallible. Your argument is invalid.
You have no right to tell me what my argument is or is not. I believe that there's no such thing as the reality......but only mine and your reality. Deal with it.

I'm sorry (am I?) that we have started on the wrong foot but your intellectually snobbish, arrogant attitude is getting on my nerves. How dare you tell me things such as 'you have no sense of subtletly' , 'your arguments are stupid', 'your argument is invalid' as if you have already answered all the questions that there are in this world and know you're right and everybody else is wrong?

And of course the dictionary is not infallible but Sage is. Sure...whatever rocks your boat then.

Originally Posted by genghiskhan View Post
Why don't you, for the sake of all the Christians that keep telling us this, tell us what exactly we should and shouldn't take literally.

There's about what, dozens of sects and denominations of Christianity, each denomination thinking its version is correct while all others are incorrect. Aside from major and minor denominations, each individual Christian will hold different views from another, so... really each individual has their own modulated Christianity that they think is correct.

When people criticize Christianity, they do it based on the texts, and since no Christian as of yet has provided a sane, demonstrable, logical interpretation of the religion, it only makes sense that we do that.

Christians interpret the world's creation in 6 days as a metaphor for 4.6 billion odd years, but how do they know they have to? There's nothing crystal clear, or yet, made clear about why one should interpret it as that instead of its literal form so... why?

Next time, please don't tell us not to take it literally, unless you've already proved why we shouldn't.

You can search the whole world but you will never find the correct version. Everyone has his own interpretation about pretty much everything....even about for example evolution itself (which I believe in)....scientists have different opinions about how this takes place.

Originally Posted by Cervantes View Post
What the fuck does this have to do with anything. Who gives a shit what your, or his definition of reality is. Not everyone has a masters degree on this crap, and I can guarantee you that Sage doesn't give one either. Your argument is pointless and is going nowhere. Great job on trying to start one though. If you want to debate pointlessly about philosophy, start a thread about it.
I do not have a degree on philosophy. I'm just expressing my opinion. If you don't like it, it's your problem. As simple as that.

Edit(Thor): Please don't double/tripple post. Use the 'Multi-Quote' feature of this site next time.

Last edited by Commander Thor; September 8th, 2011 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Tripple posts merged
Efflorescence is offline   Reply With Quote