View Single Post
Old September 7th, 2011, 02:51 PM  
Efflorescence
Member++

Efflorescence's Forum Picture

Name: D-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
Would you be willing to argue that there's no such thing as a rubbish song, then?
And then there's another thing.....if a song is rubbish to me, then that doesn't necessarily mean that it's rubbish to everyone. If you tell me 'Your religion is rubbish', then I will immediately strike back by telling you 'What if your religion or in this case your 'no religion' is rubbish?" It's my word against yours. This is not Maths....where 1+1=2 and that's it, it's not as simple as that.......

My religion is as real to me as much as your 'no religion' is real to you...if you get the point here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
Would you be willing to argue that there's no such thing as a rubbish song, then?
And then there's another thing.....if a song is rubbish to me, then that doesn't necessarily mean that it's rubbish to everyone. If you tell me 'Your religion is rubbish', then I will immediately strike back by telling you 'What if your religion or in this case your 'no religion' is rubbish?" It's my word against yours. This is not Maths....where 1+1=2 and that's it, it's not as simple as that.......

My religion is as real to me as much as your 'no religion' is real to you...if you get the point here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Nomad View Post
Even though that's a good analogy our guy did, I have to give him that. But it's good that you point out the flaw in that analogy. Saying that a particular song is rubbish is purely subjective, other may view it differently.

Such as religion. To the religious, they don't realize that stoning a person to death is such a bad thing.
First of all sorry I double posted.........

Second of all, again, you cannot tar everyone with the same brush. Why do you keep saying 'to the religious' as if we have all the same DNA and we're all programmed to do the same thing like frikkin robots? It's just not fair to judge like that.

Last edited by Commander Thor; September 8th, 2011 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Tripple posts merged
Efflorescence is offline   Reply With Quote