View Single Post
Old April 4th, 2007, 09:14 PM  
Mannequin
Nice Poster

Default Re: bombarded by anorexic stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalyptic_Storm View Post
Oh my god that is discusting!
I think some take it way to far in terms of eating disorders. I think some are just in need of a lifestyle change; eating as subway, drinking more than 2% juice drinks, exercising and just staying healthy.

I think nail thin models or rather plain 'thin' models have the same effect on women as men. My problem is that the male models are so buff, masculine, and athletic. I strive to be like that, and I'm getting more athletic and working out. But like I said, some have taken it way too far. In my opinion, the worst possible thing you could do to your body is start an eating disorder...

I think the standard should be changed, but this would take a very long time and I'm not sure how we could fix it except accept those who don't measure up to the outragious 'standard'. I think we could also eat healthier, and do other things to make yourself look better (a good haircut goes just as long of ways as losing 30 pounds).
It's very sad that females feel that way. I liked your point on males as well, but i'd say masculinity and being buff/athletic can only be a positive effect! I think the only solution is to not hire the nail thin ones!

.ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı.
Mannequin is offline   Reply With Quote