View Single Post
Old August 17th, 2011, 03:15 AM   #3
Syvelocin
Ocean Soul

Syvelocin's Forum Picture

Name: Rith
Default Re: Do you have an eating ritual?

Not counting anorexia-related eating rituals, but just my OCD ones, I eat the foods I have in the exact order I like them. And depending on the food, there is a certain way I have to eat it. This part may just be picky, but I will not eat Asian food without chopsticks.

But even the specific things I do for eating different foods typically follows the best for last concept, but it's not just the order of eating foods, it's a bit further. Like I'll go out of my way and be very careful about it just to eat it how I want to. Like I'll eat crusts first before the rest of the bread, snacks have to be turned a certain way when I put them in my mouth. Let's see... I eat the tops of asparagus before the stem. Umm... I also have a large focus on eating mixed items proportional. So, for instance, if I'm having a salad, I'll judge based on how much of the other veggies/croutons/etc. there is in the salad, and try to eat the salad and the toppings at a rate together which I will eat a proportional amount of all of it so I'm not left with a lot of cucumbers at the end and I only had a couple of them when I started, or something similar to that. Soup however doesn't follow that rule, it just follows the best for last one. Desserts have to be proportional though, and a lot of other meals as well. Sandwiches and wraps are the same (more wraps though, I prefer veggie pita wraps to veggie sandwiches ).

And I'm sorry I didn't build your walls. And I'm sorry I had to go and fall.
And I'm sorry I had the whole thing wrong. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
And I'm sorry that you are feeling small. And I'm sorry that I'm not used to crawling.
And I'm sorry the writing's on the wall. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
Syvelocin is offline   Reply With Quote