Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old August 16th, 2011, 05:34 PM  
StoppingTime's Forum Picture
Name: Steven
Default Re: Religion

Originally Posted by Angel_Androgynous View Post
Wait... holddafuckup!

If us humans can't know how "great" God is or what he wants...

HOW is the Bible the truth when it was written by...

guess WHO?

How do you know that it was written by humans?

Originally Posted by judahtics View Post
God did create perfect beings, who then committed sin which made them imperfect beings. this is if you believe the Bible anyway.
Yes, but God knew they would do this, therefore we, the people of today, are not.

Originally Posted by LithiumAneurysm View Post
Really, all I've seen in this thread recently from you is your ridiculous modification of the definition of what "God" is. People here have provided a multitude of questions about the concept of God and all of the obvious flaws with such a concept, and you answer all of them with things like "well, it's unknown" or "we don't know how God thinks," which is absolute bullshit.

The burden of proof rests on you. There is no physical evidence suggesting the existence of a God. Religion has made the claim that God exists for the past 2,000 years, has shown absolutely nothing to back up said claim, and then questions anyone who asserts that God doesn't exist with absolutely absurd questions about proving he doesn't. When you make a claim, you back it up. You don't ask other people to disprove it. It's like telling people "my dick is 10 inches long," then when they don't believe you, you tell them "well, prove that it isn't!"

I'm tired of religious people changing the definition of God to work around rational questions about his non-existence. Things like we can't understand the "mind of God," or that he works in "mysterious ways". That isn't proof of anything. This is a debate, goddamit.
I don't need proof that God exists in the way you think. You are correct, there is no proof in that way, and thats why its called a blind faith.

Originally Posted by Maxxie View Post
Guys! He kills people out of anger.

He's not angry though. Just a little misunderstood.

"The LORD is a jealous God, filled with vengeance and wrath. He takes revenge on all who oppose him and furiously destroys his enemies! The LORD is slow to get angry, but his power is great, and he never lets the guilty go unpunished. He displays his power in the whirlwind and the storm. The billowing clouds are the dust beneath his feet. At his command the oceans and rivers dry up, the lush pastures of Bashan and Carmel fade, and the green forests of Lebanon wilt. In his presence the mountains quake, and the hills melt away; the earth trembles, and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before his fierce anger? Who can survive his burning fury? His rage blazes forth like fire, and the mountains crumble to dust in his presence. The LORD is good. When trouble comes, he is a strong refuge. And he knows everyone who trusts in him. But he sweeps away his enemies in an overwhelming flood. He pursues his foes into the darkness of night. (Nahum 1:2-8)"
God does have anger that we understand here against his enemies in this quote. When I was talking before about how God's anger doesn't always appear the way we think. (I didn't write always then, but it is correct).

Last edited by StoppingTime; August 16th, 2011 at 05:39 PM.
StoppingTime is offline   Reply With Quote