Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old August 16th, 2011, 04:37 PM  
StoppingTime's Forum Picture
Name: Steven
Default Re: Religion

Originally Posted by Maxxie View Post
I'm not kidding with that "Heaven is hotter than hell" thing, either.

Not trying to be disparaging, just pointing out a pretty huge flaw in the "inspired" word of God.

Isaiah 30:26 reads, "Moreover, the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold as the light of seven days". That means that this celestial plane would get 50 times the amount of radiation that the earth does now. The absolute effective temperature of earth (my authority is science on this one) is around 300 degrees Kelvin. Therefore, using the Stefan-Boltzmann law of radiation ((H/E)4=50), where E is the absolute temperature of earth, H would be around 798 degrees Kelvin (or 525 Degrees Celsius)

I have no comment to this for it is pure ridiculously.

Hell could not be hotter that 444.6 degrees Celsius, the point at which sulphur (or brimstone) turns from a liquid to a gas.

Revelations 21:8 says that: "But the fearful and unbelieving... shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone."

Heaven: 525 Degrees Celsius
Hell: 444.6 Degrees Celsius.

525 > 444.6

Originally Posted by embers View Post
Then why does he display so much anger in the Torah / Old Testament? And why does a perfect God do so many atrocious things? (such as maul children with two bears)
When it says God was ''angry" it doesn't mean it the way we think of it.
StoppingTime is offline   Reply With Quote