View Single Post
Old March 23rd, 2007, 07:34 PM  
shurikenMarch

Default Is this part of OCD?

I have OCD, the sort that's conected to violent thoughts as opposed to contamination.
But I've noticed over the past year that I've obtained a problem with authority in the sense that I show too much admiration for those I respect, and because of this I tend to despise those who aren't as highly respected in comparison.
This mainly happens in school.
Everyone has their favourite teachers but I tend to be protective of mine. If another pupil is being rude to them then I take that person aside and 'deal' with them.

My science teacher once had a cold and I found myself skipping another lesson to go buy him some tissiues. At the time I wasn't sure why I had to do it, i just did. And I didn't even give them to him face to face; I went in lunchtime and left them on his desk. I really don't understand this behaviour.

I also feel an emormous amount of empathy for them:
Last October we went on a school trip to Canada. During one weekend one of the sports teachers got mad with a group of people who went behind his back and whilst he was shouting at them I was getting angry and upset even though I hadn't done anything wrong.

With other teachers who I don't respect as much I begin to think of them as worthless because they're not as amazing as the others. I don't mean to think that but that's just how it comes across.

Does anyone else feel like this or can understand this? And is it connected to OCD?
Thanks in advance.

sM
shurikenMarch is offline   Reply With Quote