View Single Post
Old August 10th, 2011, 09:01 PM  
Iris
Awesome Poster

Iris's Forum Picture

Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyyanks97 View Post
Its still a translation, whether they agree on it or not. And the reason they have the right is because they are the few that are on such a high level that they can interpret the Torah like it used to be known.
You are unbelievable. You just completely ignore everything I say, don't you? I took the time out to write this whole lecture-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilys View Post
I'll repeat: Zimri had sex with her. I've heard all the reasoning behind it by the meforshim. Tell me, which one will you pick to justify this one? You relaying the story doesn't prove anything. The leader of a shevet, one of the 'highest level' people around at that time had sex with a random woman. Someone on such a high level shouldn't be making a mistake like that. Where I live NO ONE would EVER do something like that. And we're at the era of 'Ikvisa Dimishicha', supposedly the lowest level before the messiah. I'd say they're equal, if not on a higher level. Oh and thanks for also pointing out another thing they did wrong. they went around worshiping the Ba'al Zevuv, practically right after they got the Torah and heard God's voice. If any Jew now went through that, they wouldn't have gone off having sex with random women and serving idols. Go on, try and justify that.

How do you know the meforshim aren't making stuff up? Hm? And it definitely doesn't help that they constantly contradict each other, but "they're all right," which makes it even more ridiculous. If one says the Jews were here, and the other says the Jews were there, one of them is wrong. Who are you, or they, to decide pieces of the Torah are literal and some aren't? Maybe the whole Torah was just a lesson to teach us how crazy people will go to feel secure about themselves and therefore create huge complex sets of laws that they call their religion. How do you know? How do the meforshim? Who says they actually have ruach hakodesh?? You need to learn to question things, things that you're not allowed to. You never thought it was weird how hard they teach you to question the chumash and navi and gemara, yet if you question a fundamental truth you are an apikores?
about how you're argument that we're on a lower level is ridiculous. But you just ignored every word...Why do I even bother....
Iris is offline   Reply With Quote