Thread: I dont know...
View Single Post
Old August 3rd, 2011, 02:15 PM   #2
Syvelocin
Ocean Soul

Syvelocin's Forum Picture

Name: Rith
Default Re: I dont know...

We don't know you, we don't know if you have OCD.

The main reason you're going to want to see a professional is if you have trouble in school/work/relationships because of your symptoms, to get a diagnosis to be treated and/or medicated. I find the only way parents take it seriously is if they are shown it is a serious thing and not just control-freak behaviour. Usually with a diagnosis, with a professional sitting down and telling them so. It takes time for them to learn about it and decide how far they want to go to make you comfortable, and how much maintenance you require that they will accept. Otherwise you'll have to deal with it. There were some things that I had the right to complain about and could say that I couldn't deal with it, but some of them I just had to cope with because I wasn't the only one in the house. I was pretty safe telling people to chew their gum quieter and such, but other things just weren't going to happen because I lived in a house with four other people. Then there's a lot of things you'll have to do yourself if you want it to be your way, for instance, nowadays I'm the one who cleans and does most of the shopping. Sometimes it's easier to just do it yourself or have them leave it for you to do because then everyone is happy.

And I'm sorry I didn't build your walls. And I'm sorry I had to go and fall.
And I'm sorry I had the whole thing wrong. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
And I'm sorry that you are feeling small. And I'm sorry that I'm not used to crawling.
And I'm sorry the writing's on the wall. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
Syvelocin is offline   Reply With Quote