Member+

1337 Man's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwshc
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337 Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwshc
Why would the bad genes get flushed out? They would always stay in you somewhere. If your great great " " " " grandpa had dandruff, even if everyone else up to you didnt, you still could have dandruff. It just stays hiding withing you.
Easy. If incest leads to defects half of the time, the other half won't be defected. If the defected don't reproduce with each other, and the non-defected do, the non-defected's children will have a lower chance of being defected. Repeat this for a few generations and you'll have less defects in the family overall.
But the bad genes would still stay inside of you. Maby you didnt come out all deformed and crap, but now you have an increased risk of becoming deformed. It still stays inside of you. Am I wrong?
It depends on whether the alleles for the disease are recessive or dominant. If they're dominant, they would go away in the children of the non-defected, because they would be apparent in most affected children, and those children wouldn't live long enough to reproduce.

If the defects are recessive, you can refer to my earlier chart:

Although this only represents only one gene, it gets the point across. On the right side, if you continued the pattern, it would eventually lead to the defected gene not appearing in the children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmos
i dont even understand your reason for why you would fight this. are you having sex with your sister and need justification?
I don't understand why you would fight against it. The chances for defects are only slightly higher than those of non-incestuous births.

<<< It\'s Limecat! He is not pleased!