View Single Post
Old March 9th, 2007, 03:44 AM  
JustJuss

JustJuss's Forum Picture

Unhappy voices, i told my doc

hey

so yesterday was my appointment with my psychiatrist. i had written all my major symptoms that were bothering me and were not consistant with having depression (which is what i am being treated for). I gave the paper to her which she read. i ws sooo scared. i curled up into i tiney ball in the seat and shut my eyes hoping that id open them and be somewhere else.

She was sort of shocked since i guess i just (to her knowlege) decided to spill the beans. But then she didnt seem to be overly surprised either.. anyway i am now questioning whether or not i should have let her know at all.

I cant help wonder whether this is just me. I mean yes it does effect my life, but what if im wrong, what if what i think are voices arnt and are just 'my ears playing tricks on me' (as my mum would say)

I am very confused and apart from my psychiatrist this is the only other place where i have addmitted to having these problems. Of coarse my family are suspicious but they are the sort to wait until crisis point before anything is done.

I dont want to be labled as "insane" or be taken less seriously because ive now told my doctor, by her or my family or anyone else for that matter.

I know its not good to try and diagnose urself with anything, cos thats the docs job. But honestly i was expecting a bt more support or reassurance that itl all be ok from my doc yesterday, instead i was left (after spilling a large part of my gutz) with this feeling of being left hanging. Im guessing these things take a long time to diagnose, but i was so scared but went out on a limb anyway.

I hate feeling alone, and now i feel more alone than ever. My daily experiences scare the pants off me and i dont know how long i want to keep up in this waiting process... u put up with a wk of being by urself and alone just so u can get to the docs a the next wk, hoping for some sort of escape or release or even cure. Something! but instead ur left waiting another wk , and another and another...

Does it really take forever?
Anyone else had similar feelings when in the process of getting diagnosed?

Any advice or ressurance would be hugely appreciated!!
JustJuss is offline   Reply With Quote