View Single Post
Old April 6th, 2005, 02:58 PM  
Retired Administrator
Kiros's Forum Picture
Name: Ben
Default Questions about Adderall XR

My bro is perscribed to take 1 capsule of Adderall every morning. The dosage is 30 mg and the medication says 'Adderall XR' on it. I know that he has a lil ADD and thats why he takes it - to keep him focused and more alert.
Last night, I was taking some narcotics (perscribed to me for my tooth pains) and I took a sleeping pill. After doig so, I realized that I might have had to go to skool today (which thankfully I didn't) so I asked my bro if I could have one of his Adderall to take in the morning so I would not be hungover from the sleeping pill and totally messed up from the narcs. He made a big deal out of it and said 'uhhh I dunno, thats some powerful medichine and... jus... jus no... i dont think its a good idea'. I kept asking him why not and he kept saying the same thing - that its for ppl with ADD, not for ppl without ADD. My reason for wanting one pill was so that I would be awake and focused for skool. His reason was 'not a good idea'.

So, on that note, I have some questions about Adderall XR.

- Is the XR more powerful (besides the fact that its extended release)?
- What does Adderall actually do (besides making one more alert)?
- I don't have ADD or ADHD. What negative effects could Adderall (30 mg) have on me?
- Could I have any positive effects (for school) if I take 30 mg of Adderall?

Someone that knows this medichine, please please please answer. I want to know if I will be able to take it tomorrow for school (because it will be my first day going back in a while and for 1 and 1/2 weeks Ive been on narcs and have been 'out of it' a little.)

Kiros || Ben

Happiness is not about being perfect.
It is about seeing beyond the imperfections.