View Single Post
Old July 17th, 2011, 05:44 AM  
Death
Awesome Poster

Death's Forum Picture

Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyyanks97 View Post
It isn't a plan that is written at birth, you can change it whenever you want. God didn't set up a plan for you, you choose it. That's why it's called free will
Pardon me whilst I fully agree with both Apparitions and deadpie... again.

But seriously, what's the good of free will when it can only come to screw you over? If God is so omnipotent and omnibenevolent like you religionists like to think, then I would like you to picture this scenareo:

You are walking down the street and are about to cross the road to get to a shop. However, you are doing so at just the wrong time because some crazy lunatic is driving down the road at way beyond the speed limit and will knock you down before you have a chance to see him and will clip your leg. By God not intervining and sticking to his "free-will" idea, he is allowing you to go througha world of pain and becoming hospitalised, probably losing you your usage of your leg, and maybe even your life.

Now picture another one. You're surfing the internet and come across an anti-virus package for download. Eager to protect your computer from known threats you've had before, you download and run it only to find that it is in fact rouge-malware in itself and practically ruins your computer by disabling most functions and "requires" you to purchase the whole package just to stop it from trying to close down legitimate programmes. What would God do then? Would he stick by his "free-will" idea and assume you actually "wanted" that or would he intervene and stop you from screwing your PC over?

Consider these examples and tell me that an all-power and all-loving God wouldn't intervene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
Perhaps the entire argument [the death penalty] can be summarised in just a sentence.

We kill people who kill people to show others that killing is wrong.
Death is offline   Reply With Quote