Old July 13th, 2011, 05:59 PM  
StoppingTime
Retired Administrator

StoppingTime's Forum Picture

Name: Steven
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSalt View Post
Don't forget there have been some altercations have been made on purpose like the KJV.

Anyways,one of the biggest flaws in religion would be why would an all knowing loving all everything God send a few of his children to a hell for being who they're(believing in another God ,GLBT,etc.).

Also,why did God go from two different spectrums from the first testament to second?
I will answer the first part of your question as I answered Perseus's. The Bible has not been changed in one language, that being Hebrew. If you study it in this language, there are no altercations.

To answer the second part of your question, God does not treat those who either didn't know they were Jewish/Christian etc... in that way, nor does He treat anyone who does not believe in idols that way, and really, the only way to be sent to "hell" (if you can call it that) is if you break just about all of the 7 Laws of Noah. These being

Prohibition of Idolatry
Prohibition of Murder
Prohibition of Theft
Prohibition of Sexual immorality
Prohibition of Blasphemy
Prohibition of eating flesh taken from an animal while it is still alive
Establishment of courts of law

For your third question, I cannot answer, seeing as I do not believe in Jesus, nor do I believe that God made the New Testament.
StoppingTime is offline   Reply With Quote