Thread: Stopped Therapy
View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2007, 04:07 PM  
schrei jess
Awesome Poster

Default Stopped Therapy

Ive finally gotten my mom to allow me to stop going to therapy. Therapy is supposed to help you, but everytime I go, I end up leaving feeling worse than when I cam ein. It's like going into that office reminds me of how I really am, of how bad things have gotten. I would go every thursday after school, and it's not like I forget I have severe clinical depression, but it's like during the week, I dont notice it as much as it's with me all the time, it feels normal to be depressed. But I guess it's hard to explain what Im trying to say, but when I walk into that office, I just lock up - I cant say anything, and after the hour is up, I leave feeling hopeless again. I dreaded going to therapy knowing that nothing would come out of it, only that terrible feeling of sinking even farther away from the world. Does anyone understand what Im trying to say? I hope it makes sense enough.

Did I make the right choice by stopping therapy? It couldnt be healthy for me to end up leaving his office feeling even worse than when I came in right? Im still taking my meds and everything, although Id like to stop those too, but I couldnt handle the therapy anymore. I may start it again, with another therapist as this one isnt working for me either. Ive gone through three therapists and none of them ever worked, and Im scared that if I keep looking, Ill never find the right one. So I just wont even bother. Am I doing the right thing here?

I DO NOT GO ON HERE ANYMORE. I HAVE LEFT THIS PLACE FOR GOOD AND DON'T INTEND ON COMING BACK. PLEASE DON'T FRIEND REQUEST ME, PRIVATE MESSAGE ME, OR ANYTHING BECAUSE I WILL NEVER SEE IT AND YOU'LL NEVER GET A RESPONSE. THANK YOU.
schrei jess is offline   Reply With Quote