View Single Post
Old April 5th, 2005, 09:24 AM  
<-Dying_to_Live->
VT Lover

<-Dying_to_Live->'s Forum Picture

i agree with some of the points you have broughten up, but others i dont.

I agree that alcohol and cigarretes, though legal, are more harmful than some illegal drugs. Everyone knows that, thats why I've always thought smoking cigarretes shouold be illegal as well. And alcohol isnt totally legal, getting drunk ISNT. you're allowed to drink safe ammounts of alcohol, but if you drink too much and step one foot outside of your house or outside from the bar and you will be arrested for public intoxication. Why cant you see that the government has outlawed the substances it finds only harm the body.

the government outlaws the substances it finds only harm the body. and every drug harms the body im some way, thats why they arent allowed.

And in fact a lot of people do get hooked. Do you wish to read about it? or just talk like you single handedly know the experience of every single person who takes drugs?

http://www.nida.nih.gov/Infofax/Infofaxindex.html

anyways where was i. oh yes. the police. why does everyone think the solution to less crime is simply to abolish more acts that are defined as "crime". just because making the act of committing murder legal, reducing the crime rates by 20,000 a year, that doesnt provide any solution and simply hides the fact that crimes are on going and noones doing anything.

And do you know why only a third of the population smoke? Its because medical science provess that smoking causes cancer, and most people who smoke will die from it. A lot of people dont like dying, and thats why a lot of people dont smoke cigarettes.

Ok this last part i might agree with you on. if i had to let any drug slip, i would let that be marijuana, because that's less harmful than a lot of other drugs.

I mean all you have to do is turn your back to the problems with memory and learning; distorted perception; difficulty in thinking and problem solving; loss of coordination; and increased heart rate. oh not to mention that user’s risk of heart attack more than quadruples in the first hour after smoking marijuana.

I mean who really gives a shit if marijuana promotes cancer of the lungs and other parts of the respiratory tract because it contains irritants and carcinogens?

To be honest, i really dont care if your immune system’s ability to fight off infectious diseases and cancer is impaired. really, go ahead, take dugs. be my guest
<-Dying_to_Live-> is offline   Reply With Quote