View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2007, 02:42 PM  
Kamloops.man
Member++

Kamloops.man's Forum Picture

Default Re: A Small Problem About Masturbating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_J View Post
Well, that depends on your definition of sin. A common definition of sin is "an act that is regarded by theologians as a transgression of God's will". AFAIK, most Christian faiths regard masturbation as a sin. Therefore if you're particularly concerned about God's wrath I would advise against masturbating. Another way to look at the situation is that we're all sinners. Do we do things on Sunday? Sure we do. Ever watch American Idol? We've just broken commandments, and that's not getting into any of the other biblical transgressions in our daily lives.

Personally, I'm an devout atheist and have my own opinions regarding religious systems in general...but that is well beyond the scope of this conversation or message board as it would surely start a flame war.

To answer your question...let's be realistic. We all masturbate, it's perfectly normal and ok. Don't worry about it. Your guilt is just something you need to get over. Don't deny yourself the pleasure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'nCrunch View Post
I'm not so sure this thread belongs in puberty. Can we make a religion forum? lol

I don't like to sound harsh, but if you're Catholic, according to scripture, you are committing a sin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***JG*** View Post
why is it sin.. in the bible does it actually say.. thoust shall not wank O.o..
Exactly.. I'm a christian and I masturbate every day.. And it's not like omg you just masturbated. you're going to hell.. You can alwasy ask for forgivness and to be strong not to if you don't want to masturbate anymore..

Life is great. Then again I'm a compulsive liar.
Yeah this is how I'm gonna be and I'm never gonna change that.