View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2007, 01:45 AM  
Ryan_J's Forum Picture
Default Re: A Small Problem About Masturbating

Originally Posted by BowChicaBowWOW View Post
I'm a sixteen year old guy, and much like most other sixteen year old guys, I find it nearly impossible to resist masturbation. Normally I wouldn't have a problem with this, but the thing is, I'm a huge worry wort. After every time I masturbate, I feel guilty and like I've betrayed God. I feel that maybe he won't forgive me, so I feel bad for atleast another day afterwards. Any advice on how I can get past this worrying?
Well, that depends on your definition of sin. A common definition of sin is "an act that is regarded by theologians as a transgression of God's will". AFAIK, most Christian faiths regard masturbation as a sin. Therefore if you're particularly concerned about God's wrath I would advise against masturbating. Another way to look at the situation is that we're all sinners. Do we do things on Sunday? Sure we do. Ever watch American Idol? We've just broken commandments, and that's not getting into any of the other biblical transgressions in our daily lives.

Personally, I'm an devout atheist and have my own opinions regarding religious systems in general...but that is well beyond the scope of this conversation or message board as it would surely start a flame war.

To answer your question...let's be realistic. We all masturbate, it's perfectly normal and ok. Don't worry about it. Your guilt is just something you need to get over. Don't deny yourself the pleasure!

*Proud to be ME*