View Single Post
Old June 18th, 2011, 04:32 AM  
Death
Awesome Poster

Death's Forum Picture

Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiebunnie View Post
That is a personal insult, suffice to say, I don't personal insult people. I would stick to the debate and not get personal. Attack the argument, not the person.
No, I didn't call you an idiot. I said you were painting yourself as one. Like I've already said, learn to read.

Quote:
Yes they do because children do not have the capacity to make decisions for themselves at certain ages.
Which is why you wait until they are older once they've learned more about the world before trying to expect them to make choices. But using that as an excuse to force children into things they may not even otherwise agree with is pure madness and shows how religion is dying so malcontents who would do shit like this have to go to desperate measures like brainwashing just to keep religion alive. They should learn to accept that not everyone's going to follow the same stuff as them and drop this selfish attitude that everyone must follow it.

Quote:
EG why do they allow a person whose under 18 not to enter into a contract?

And if a child wishes not to follow the religion which the parents have "included" the child into, then they are free to choose to be atheist or another religion.
It's hard to do that when your brain has been wired through indoctrination to believe only what you've been told. Why do you think this cunt is spewing the sadistic nonsence that he is? Do you think that he would be so sure about it if he weren't brainwashed?

Quote:
I have not advocated for parents to become a strict religious cult, with no option for a child to leave, but they have a right to expose the child to a religion which they believe.
There's a difference between exposure and forcing people to believe it. If you want to tell your children about your religion, then fine. But for goodness sake, let them know the whole truth about religion and not just about what you believe. The latter (i.e. restricting their knowledge to only what you believe and tot he delusion that it is "the only truth") would be cowardice in my opinion.

Quote:
Friends are always gonna have influence on you and how you Think, eg, I have never smoked pot in my life till one day a friend asked me to "give it a try".
Then s/he isn't a friend. Simple.

Quote:
Friends have more influence over you than religion.

I've just explained exactly why this is wrong, but I'll reiterate it:

Friends don't brianwash you in the same why religion does when you are young since you will be old enough to think for yourself and a true friend will not force you into anything bad. That's all I'm saying. Look back through the posts I've made if you want the rest of it, which I have told you.

Quote:
In fact taking this further TV and Justin Bieber probably have more influence over kids than religion.
*reiteration of the same image as before*

How many people do you think actually like Justine Beaver?

Quote:
If your gonna start labeling "religion" as brainwashing you might as well ban everything the child is exposed to.
As I said, there's a fine line between exposure and brainwashing. I suggest you look up its defintion, since you are obviously rusty on those. Too man parents bring up children getting them to believe that only they are right and not teaching them the full truth.

Quote:
You might as well even put the child's brain into a VAT according to Putnam's theory and create an uninfluenced world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
Perhaps the entire argument [the death penalty] can be summarised in just a sentence.

We kill people who kill people to show others that killing is wrong.
Death is offline   Reply With Quote