Old June 17th, 2011, 10:31 AM  
Death
Awesome Poster

Death's Forum Picture

Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiebunnie View Post
It does not equate to brain washing.
Then why do children tend to follow the religion of their parents, sometimes without question even where logic would have a lot of question?

Quote:
That is like saying that because the Government is brainwashing you because they are in charge.
What? That's got nothing to do with this.

Quote:
That's like saying your friends at school are brainwashing you.

You haven't even explained how they are brainwashing you.

Quote:
Before you are 18 and living under your parents roof they have the right to do whatever they wish in terms of your upbringing. If you don't like it when your 12-15, leave home and live in the streets.
So they should be able to force you to follow a religion? Is that really right? I don't care if it's their child, there are certain liberties to which everyone should be entitled. Freedom of religion (or lack thereof) is one of them. Where do you draw the line between what a parent and their authority can do and what they can't?

Quote:
In a recent census in the UK 60% of teens said they did not believe in God whereas 40% of older people said they did. Which means those 60% (who did not believe) would be living with parents 60% (who did believe).
They were either rebelling or were thinking for themselves, because they can. But are you seriously telling me that parents' influence will not make more children believe in God than they would otherwise?

Quote:
They were not brain washed. The point was that the 60% who did not believe wouldn't care what religion there was. They don't believe in God. Therefore they will not change to another religion. That was the point I was making, which obviously you do not get.
Does not agree with =/= does not get, so I suggest you think of better ways of arguing since I find it difficult to actually classify this as an 'argument'.

Quote:
And learn to spell. "Arguments".
Hahaha. Not only was that only a typographical error which you're questioning my ability over, but I also remember you putting "parents" instead of "parents'" (i.e. with an apostrophy at the end) when you were talking about a possesive and a plural. Suffice to say, you are just painting yourself as an idiot so I'd stop with your hypocrisy if I were you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
Perhaps the entire argument [the death penalty] can be summarised in just a sentence.

We kill people who kill people to show others that killing is wrong.
Death is offline   Reply With Quote