Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old June 3rd, 2011, 01:56 PM  
Awesome Poster
Death's Forum Picture
Default Re: Religion

Originally Posted by The light View Post
i was raised as a catholic, not stirct but just church at christmas and easter. when i was about 13 i heared the song King without a crown by matisyahu(listen to this song!) and it has changed my life forever i stared praying more and really thinking about what and who God is i rejected my christian beliefs about the trinity and i got into judaisms veiw of God i read the bible A LOT. then when i was 15 our family went to india i visted a mosque, and got really interested in Islam. when i got back to australia i went to the mosque in perth and conveted a few weeks before i turned 16 i was a muslim for a year and deeply in my faith. So what do i belive now well i practice catholosim so i can support my Mum as my Dad died a few months ago. but i belive that FAITH IS ALL THAT MATTERS faith in god when all religions recognise that is true then we will have peace.
That's not a good thing. By the sounds of it, you follow anything you're subjected to. And I don't know if you've noticed, but teachings from the three different monotheistic religions are going to contradict each other.

They also do that within themselves.

And if you really think you need religion to achieve peace, then your morality is questionable. Do you really believe that faith (i.e. accepting things without any evidence which you appeared to have done not once, but thrice) is the only thing that matters?

Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
Perhaps the entire argument [the death penalty] can be summarised in just a sentence.

We kill people who kill people to show others that killing is wrong.
Death is offline   Reply With Quote