Thread: Do I have OCD ?
View Single Post
Old May 22nd, 2011, 08:06 PM   #2
Syvelocin
Ocean Soul

Syvelocin's Forum Picture

Name: Rith
Default Re: Do I have OCD ?

It's quite mild it sounds like, if you do. With the things you describe however, you could just simply have some OCD characteristics like a lot of people. Sure, some of those things are symptoms, but there's nothing there that is blatantly OCD (like extreme compulsive hand-washing, obsession with numbers in general and/or a specific number, very traditionally OCD things). My mum is a huge worry wart like that as well. But hers is generalized anxiety disorder. I tend to even convince myself that I left the door unlocked, left the cooker on, and such, just like my mum, but instead I'm diagnosed OCD and I have an obsession with the numbers five and nine, an obsession with hand sanitizer, intrusive thoughts and I fear that bad things will happen if I don't have complete control over various different things.

Best thing to do if you want to know if you have OCD, is to go to a doctor for an opinion. Though diagnosing a condition is usually with the intent to treat it, and a lot of people with milid anxiety disorders choose to not receive treatment because, well, they're mild. People with worse anxiety disorders that interfere with their daily life, school/work, and ability to function usually seek medication and therapy for their anxiety.

And I'm sorry I didn't build your walls. And I'm sorry I had to go and fall.
And I'm sorry I had the whole thing wrong. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
And I'm sorry that you are feeling small. And I'm sorry that I'm not used to crawling.
And I'm sorry the writing's on the wall. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
Syvelocin is offline   Reply With Quote