Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2011, 03:16 AM  
S̈́ea Wolf Levḯathaחי
deadpie's Forum Picture
Name: Damien Ark
Default Re: Religion

Originally Posted by Sith Lord 13 View Post
1)It's a supplement to the best scientific explanations. It's a search for more, to explain away the seeming inconsistencies in certain theories.
More like intellectual laziness because God is the easy answer to questions ten times as complicated.

2) The belief in and of itself is not dangerous, though some have corrupted certain teachings.
For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh: How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission. Hebrews 9:13-14, 22

Like many other passages, God does demand people to kill animals and people at times. People can read this and decide to kill. The belief can cause dangerous thoughts. And of course everyone will say "that's a misinterpretation" as their lame ass excuse for bloodshed. Well, if you add up the many types of copies and versions of The Bible, then even certain Christians also are misinterpreter it all wrong. So don't tell me I'm misinterpreter things, you.... misinterpretors.

3) Again, it's a gap filling theory, based on logical jumps, the way most scientific theories start.
Religion isn't a damn theory, it's a story of morals and lessons. And like I also said before, intellectual laziness. I could say those two words all day.

4) No, it's supplemental to all known scientific theories.
The Bible isn't a reliable resource for science. I mean come on. The Bible preaches that insanity is caused by demons, which would mean that demons are causing my thoughts. Also, it says faith is the cure to illness. We all know that's bullshit sense we have Christians suffering from incurable diseases daily.

According to The Bible it is God who causes rain by opening some windows from heaven.

In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened. (Genesis 7:11 (They have good slurpees) )

5) How? For those who believe in it, it's either had no more affect than any other scientific theory or given people hope that there's something greater out there.
It's also caused those two words I've said before a few times and people to not look for logical answers but moreso believe in idiotic fairy tales.

6) Saying that statistical odd currently projected by science occurred naturally seems less logical than intelligent design for me.
LOLWAT. Man made out of dirt or man evolve from ape. Which one sounds more batshit crazy? Which one has more evidence to prove the other wrong?

People don't think about other reasons when they have religion there. They don't need any other answer no matter how much better supported or weak it is. That's their answer end of story. It's closed mindedness at its best.

7) No, it's looking for the most reasonable explanation, It can support certain beliefs but does not intrinsically do so, It stays well grounded in reality, and is supported by logic and reason.
It's not logic and I don't see any clear reason to most of the ideas in religious scripture. The morals and such don't really mean anything special to me. Religion is not realistic. Faith isn't realistic. Faith is instinct. Instinct can be dangerous.

Oh hell no religion doesn't look for the most reasonable explanation. Scientists haven't quit doing what they do looking for answers. They sound more willing to look for different answers and explanations than scriptures that ended a damn long time ago. Science looks for the most reasonable answer to everything, not religion. Religion slaps on some weird thought that I would probably think of if I was on peyote right now. They base things off of paranormal events and magic, which are both bullshit.

deadpie is offline   Reply With Quote